• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to the Benching Team? Introduce yourself here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep, I've collected a few 754 chips in bulk buys so I needed a board. Been looking for one for a while but finding one reasonably priced when I had the cash took a while lol. I wanted it because it's one boars know for sure to run turion's

FWIW, the good Abit 754 boards will also run the Turion's, not the Newark's though.

Ouch looks like I am in for a world of hurt tomorrow time for a back up plan-Cold bug or cold boot bug? see scotty you help me with out even knowing it :)

And welcome cdawall

CB and/or CBB. You will get them both. ;)

Yep I have been getting my *** kicked with the NF3 board. Installing XP (hopefully having stupid issue after stupid issue with that as well) on my NF4 board and hoping for the best.

0513161429.jpg

0513161415.jpg

0513161133.jpg

0513161123.jpg

Just a couple pics

Gettin' me itchy to dust off the old stuff. Bummer but great info on the 939's Mr. Scott...thanks!

cdawall- love that top pic! Volcano!!! hehehe

You'll find that most will bug in the 0 to -20 range. A single stage or a good chiller is fine for 754 and 939 in most cases. They do scale with more cold, it just depends on how much you want to work for a super result. They are a super PITA to bench real cold.

Yeah...the few 939's I benched were all under ss. No wonder I had so many that wouldn't run at all with the single stage.

There he is... :salute:

I've ran into the same thing before with mine and I've yet to find one that likes the cold, all so far have bugged out on me too.
I don't recall having any to stop at -7c, mine so far have stopped around the same temp range of -26 to -37c.

There he is... :salute:

I've ran into the same thing before with mine and I've yet to find one that likes the cold, all so far have bugged out on me too.
I don't recall having any to stop at -7c, mine so far have stopped around the same temp range of -26 to -37c.

I never have good luck. I only ran two chips, one was a junk 3400+ Palermo that hates everything and the other a delidded 3000+ Newcastle. The Newcastle broke 3ghz however.

Back