• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyij

I have yet to do a custom loop, but am planning on doing an all out build with the release of Broadwell/Skylake ($6000ish).

1) It looks like the blocks have drilled holes where you "plug" your barbs into. Are all of these holes universal (it does not matter if your going to run a 3/8" or 1/2" tube).

2) How do you mount radiators to the case - especially the vertical ones.

3) Can you mix sizes of tubing w/in a build or is this just not recommended?

4) Recommend cases where you can install 3-4 Rads?

Thanks, and I know I can google some of these, but it is sometimes nice to just a personalized answer from exp. users.

All agreed with EarthDog there.
Only thing I'll add is to look at CaseLabs instead of Mountain Mods.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lol, I kinda figured screws but did not know if the radiaters typically are supplied with them or if there are some special tricks.

Now you guys have be wanting to do a desk build. I have seen them in the past.. but I do not know.. I would feel like it would suck to upgrade parts (motherboards) in that kind of setup, but I guess if the whole top opens and you use quick disconnects it would not be all too bad. Plus in the end, it would be hard steal :) Although it would also be hard to bring to a lan party.

Any particular shops you guys/gals tend to prefer? I look up things on frozen cpu, but they seem like they have little feedback on their items and everything is so crammed on their site.. wish newegg would start selling everything.

For your water cooling needs Frozencpu and performance-pcs are the places to go to.

Hellfire Toyz is another good supplier. Veteran owned and operated with super fast shipping for west coast guys, 2 days for me. Eric can do special orders and is very price competitive. Doesn't have the stock of some of the more established sellers but he is growing fast.

Back