• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new toys.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
well, as some of you already know, I'm building a SSF (small form factor) PC. originally planning for me & my GF (gonna leave it in her apartment) as a PVR/internet/CAD for her, and game/seti for me machine. however, it happened that my sister need a computer replacement since her's die on the last strom outage. therefore, I go ahead and build hers first to test the water....

i brought her a Shuttle XPC SG61B2, a 2.4c, 2 sticks of 256MB (my beloved brand) Buffalo PC3200, etc. only using onboard video since she only use it for internet and office app like word/excel/etc.

and right now, it's crunching seti for me @ 3.06GHz (mobo's max FSB=255) @ stock voltage! wish they will release a BIOS with higher FSB....;)

and she loved the "cute" factor of the Shuttle box too!

and after showing my GF how "cute" it is, I think I have a "go" for building one in her apartment to replace her P4-M 2.0GHz laptop now! :D

my Intel SETI Army is getting bigger than ever.....!! Crunch On!! :cool:

LOL they fall for the cute factor every time. I had two of those Shuttle SFF units, but the power supplies died in both of them. Hope they have improved that by now, but running 24/7 is still pretty hard on them.

Hey I was thinking about one of those SFF PC's for the wife but after the P4 bug "bit" me I decided she would be at the bottom of the "upgrade chain" (below my 13 year old son and 9 year old daughter) since all the wife does is surf the web and email (girls who game disregard that please) I know girls can game if they want to, my daughter has proven that by fragging me quite often in UT :)

TC said:
LOL they fall for the cute factor every time. I had two of those Shuttle SFF units, but the power supplies died in both of them. Hope they have improved that by now, but running 24/7 is still pretty hard on them.
tks for the heads up Tim. i'll keep that in mind.
jmsbntz said:
I know girls can game if they want to, my daughter has proven that by fragging me quite often in UT :)
LOL, my GF (love to) kill me in RavenShield too!! :p

Back