• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New waterblock - Comments?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
2mm?! That's kinda thin to be using as a retainer also. I assume you will be drilling four mounting holes eventually. Mine is still at Bills place, but I think it is between 5 and 6mm. Believe it or not, I never measured it. :D

Hoot

Well, I've built a couple with bases that thin now and they all seem very strong. You should some of GTA's other creations with 1mm thick bases ;)

Yes, he'll be drilling four mounting holes in there.

Looking foward to seeing the results from your block btw!

OOOO, my bad, bloody stoopid ruler with 1/2 mm divisions.

Yes, tis indeed 2mm. Its amazingly rigid, I really don't think it will bow at all tbh.

I've polioshed it as much as I want to now, will lap the base and drill the mounting holes afetr work tongiht, then post some temps.

how much did you pay for your copper? ive been wanting to make my own block but here in the UK i cant find anywhere to order it from with decent prices.

Cheesy Peas said:
how much did you pay for your copper? ive been wanting to make my own block but here in the UK i cant find anywhere to order it from with decent prices.

your best bet is to find a scrap merchant they have loads of the stuff

copper is v.expencive off the shelf

Quick update :

My good friend Gavin has done a lovely render of this block, should help to explain the design better.

Cheers gav, you're a star.

pincrender.jpg

Back