• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Newbie first computer build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didn't know I could stick with a heat sink/fan setup for the I5 I just assumed I needed water cooling... Whoops :(

Last edited:
as far as a fan/heat sink to cool my cpu (just to double check) with no over clocking I have nothing to worry about (with heat) but if I chose to overclock down the road i'd be able to O.C to a certain point with a fan system.

You need a cooler period. The CPU comes with a included stock cooler that is sufficient for no overclocking. Only if you overclock do you need an aftermarket cooler.

your level of knowledge scares me... i'd suggest you watch neweggs "how to build a computer" videos, and then follow these with utube videos of the same topic.

where are you from? mayb it's a language barrier.

EVERY (?) CPU needs a cooler attached. if you get a RETAIL box version of the cpu, then you'll get the stock intel cooler. this cooler is fine for slight overclocks and stock speeds. HOWEVER, if you want to overclock to say 4.4 - 4.6ghz then you'll want to consider an "aftermarket" cpu cooler like the 212 hyper evo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Back