• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg 15 fans for $15 free shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A long time ago, (Couple of years, I think) Directron had their 92 MM fans for 39 cents each. THAT was a good price! Got 2 orders.

steve

skou said:
A long time ago, (Couple of years, I think) Directron had their 92 MM fans for 39 cents each. THAT was a good price! Got 2 orders.

steve

lol I remember that deal. My friend and I bought 40 I believe. They were temperature controlled too, not bad.

Only thing that worries me about these. Since they are cheap I dont want a blade coming of spinning at 3200 rpms(not sure how fast these are) aimed at my mobo.

Those 39 cent ones I got, have been running quietly, cooling my radiators, for over a year now. No problems at all.

steve

I got mine yesterday, Newegg was quick as usual, not bad getting 15 fans for 14.85 to my door.

Anyway, I was surprised with the fans -- haven't run any yet, but they're actually in boxes, not just loose, and the leads have heatshrink on the first inch and then the rest of the lead has the mesh loom on it, and it's finished off by a standard molex. (I believe a single pass through.)

At anyrate, I didn't run them, but was surprised how nicely made they appear compared to other cheap fans I have in my box-o-fans that were collected from cases and the such.

Might have to pick up another 15 next time I order from the egg. :)

I've got one of these on my cpu already, and I'll have fifteen more in a few days! I less than three you newegg!

Anyone got the fans yet. How are they loud, do you love them. Take a picture of the 15 fans lol.
Thanks

elec999 said:
Anyone got the fans yet. How are they loud, do you love them. Take a picture of the 15 fans lol.
Thanks

28db is pretty quiet, just to let you know. I'm sure that sound freaks may like it quieter, but this is pretty close to silent in my book

I really don't need 15 more fans.

But I will have them in a couple days anyway.

Thanks. :)

I got mine. Real nice fans. The molex comes sleeved and everything, so definitly not to shabby in the quality department. I have only one installed and I cannot hear it over the two 120mm stealths in my Antec 3700, not sure if that helps.

Sweet! If you order the 15 fans you get a Newegg sticker too! This is definitely a good deal, even if you don't need fans now you can always use them later... or just string them all together for one noisy ghetto duct! ;)

-n17ikh

EDIT: The way you have to do it to get the sticker is add a fan to your cart WITHOUT selecting the customer appreciation gift. Change the quantity to 15, which will reduce price to $.99 apiece. Then go back to the fan page and click on the direct link to the sticker and add one to your cart. That'll remove one fan from your cart and add a "bundle" of a fan and the sticker for the discount fan price. That's the only way I got it to work.

Last edited:
These fans are Uber Crappy! I had one on my cpu heatsink and it just shattered and scattered its pieces all over my room one day. The others started to make annoying noises after a while too. I guess since they are so cheap you could just replace them. We still have a bunch we haven't taken out of the boxes.

Ive been running 3 for about 4 or 5 days now, nice, quiet and no problems here.

Great deal IMO.

Back