• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg and DHL SmartMail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's only for small stuff like RAM that can fit in a padded envelope. Last week I got a G Skill rAM set that came Eggsaver, ordered Sunday and it arrived Friday.

I just wish Newegg would go straight through the USPS since that's the final delivery method anyway. It would cut a few days out of the delivery time.

Guys come on its free.
I can poop in a box.

for free.

You still don't want it.

Point made?

DHL is gone.
Not according the the ram I got today from newegg, courtesy of their "free shipping".

I waited 8 days for a package that would have been in 2 or 3 for ups ground or usps parcel post. I wasn't in a hurry, so it's no big deal, but it's still a crappy service. Can using two carriers like this actually be saving newegg money on shipping? It doesn't seem logical...

I can poop in a box.

for free.

You still don't want it.

Point made?

Not according the the ram I got today from newegg, courtesy of their "free shipping".

I waited 8 days for a package that would have been in 2 or 3 for ups ground or usps parcel post. I wasn't in a hurry, so it's no big deal, but it's still a crappy service. Can using two carriers like this actually be saving newegg money on shipping? It doesn't seem logical...

But you'll still buy from newegg and you'll still take advantage of the free shipping. Just watch lol.

Yes I will take your free poop offer.
PM me for shipping address
Would you like that UPS, USPS, or DHL smartcrap?

But you'll still buy from newegg and you'll still take advantage of the free shipping. Just watch lol.

I'm not saying I won't buy from them. I have a decent opinion of newegg and their service, despite this deficiency in their service. Sometimes I will even take the poor free shipping service, for items which I do not need in a timely manner.

Maybe the reason it sticks out like a sore thumb is because every other aspect of my dealings with newegg has been pretty good.

I had a similar problem recently: Ordered from Newegg (who is located around 4 hours away from me), DHL took the package THIRTY miles from Newegg's facility and handed it off to USPS. If Newegg had just given it to USPS from the start, it would have been here a day sooner.

Waste of fuel

For fun follow the path of my order. I live 1 hr from Memphis and use to get packages within 1 day.. not any more. FYI: A=my house B=NewEgg C=DHLSaver routed back to USPS.

DHLSaver.jpg

for those that dont know DHL is no longer. Newegg wont use them. So they will go back to FedEx or UPS. They may even go to USPS.

Smart Post is through USPS. If a company uses it they have to ship out 300 or more packages a day with it. Its good for APO address and stuff. Guys come on its free.

DHL is gone.

So you keep saying but they're still here. As a matter of fact, they just opened a new distribution center in Washington DC in April.

For fun follow the path of my order. I live 1 hr from Memphis and use to get packages within 1 day.. not any more. FYI: A=my house B=NewEgg C=DHLSaver routed back to USPS.

DHLSaver.jpg

ROFL! That is typical of a carrier system like that. It's just inefficient for a short delivery system.

Back