• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg has the NEC-3500A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW! Dvd burners are getting cheap. I've been looking for parts for a friends computer and he wanted a dvd burner. I just might get him to buy this before he even gets the other components.

$90!? I was expecting at least $100. I bought my Plextor 708A for $182 shortly after they came out last Christmas. Geez. Way to go, NEC! :)

Are NEC drives loud? I've only ever used Samsung, Plextor, or Lite On drives, with the Lite On being the loudest.

/Odie clicks "Add to Cart"

Necs are quiet! I cant belive that this was released, i just got my 2500a , grr! I may have to get another one possibly :p

Nooooooooo...... i just got my 2510a like a month ago for $80, and to think i could have waited and gotten a faster burner for only $10 more!!! Progress sucks. Btw ive had a great time burning with my NEC, whisper quiet to.

hey......I just bought my 12x Lite-on for that price 2 weeks ago. :( stupid fast-paced computer industry. oh well, I can't find 12x disc's, so it's all good.

Heh, I just bought my 8x NEC two weeks ago... Oh well, there really isn't much difference until the DL disks are less than $5 apiece.

this things are getting fast soon they will be as fast cd, I got myself 8+/- driver, no regrets, I am still investing in cheap media that takes forever to burn, anyways the nec 16x +/- is a great value

meionm said:
this things are getting fast soon they will be as fast cd, I got myself 8+/- driver, no regrets, I am still investing in cheap media that takes forever to burn, anyways the nec 16x +/- is a great value

My understanding is that due to technologicol reasons (physical speed of the disk) 16X is the best we are going to see

meionm said:
DVD's have been faster than CD's for some time. 1x for a DVD drive refers to 1 x 1.35MB/s, not the 1 x 150Kbps of a CD drive. Since 52x is the practical CDR max (and of course you don't get this for but an instant at the outer edge), the highest throughput you can see is 7800K/s. A 8X DVD burner attains in excess of 10,000K/s at its 8x max.

Back