• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg never again... (Correction: UPS problem)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iplaypoker

Hey guys, so long story short, i've been ordering from newegg for years now, never had a problem always get my package within 2-3 days.

so i ordered from newegg around mid of nov, then started to wait for my orders to come. after a week i thought i better give new egg a call to see check on my packages that was suppose to be at my house already,
1st try guy was nice told me he will contact ups to see whats going on, 2nd time was on chat, 3rd time which was about a month away told me nothing happened no one did anything on my account to trace the packages and now they told me that they denied my claim as PROOF of delivery was " FRONT DOOR "
really newegg?

i need advice on how to happen this guys thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool story bro.

I am lucky enough to have an awesome local store that carries anything you could imagine, they also price match online stores(with 10% off) so I rarely order online. But the one time I ordered some fans from newegg it took over a month for them to get delivered...

IDK, Ive done ~80-100K worth of dealing with newegg since about 2001 and only ever had 1 order not arrive intact and correct, and even that was promptly corrected once I gave them a call.

I myself dont think i've experienced any issues with newegg service, shipping, or quality by any means. OP if you're still around, mind shedding any light as to why you're refusing to use newegg?

now they told me that they denied my claim as PROOF of delivery was " FRONT DOOR "
really newegg?

The issue is not with newegg ... its UPS. Call UPS, not newegg.

If your package is insured for full value, then you can get your cash back. "front door" is not an OK place to leave an order .... They only leave my order at my door when i ask them, leaving a paper on my door telling that they can leave it there when im not too far from home while waiting for a package.

And you didn't check the tracking info for a month after it was supposed to be delivered? You should have been on the phone with UPS the day after it was supposedly delivered.

Insured or not UPS only gives you a short window to file a claim past when they deliver. Im sorry this happened to you but honestly you should have done something about it a long time ago.

Yeah that kind of issue has nothing to do with newegg and you should've been contacting UPS. Newegg also gives you a convenient tool to track your packages so you either should've planned to be around at the time of delivery or ensure that it would not get delivered if you couldn't sign for it and just pick it up from the distribution center.

And you didn't check the tracking info for a month after it was supposed to be delivered? You should have been on the phone with UPS the day after it was supposedly delivered.

Insured or not UPS only gives you a short window to file a claim past when they deliver. Im sorry this happened to you but honestly you should have done something about it a long time ago.

i have just when i first contacted newegg i didnt think the newegg rep didnt do anything next thing i know half a month passed i still didnt get email, thats when i tried to contact newegg again finding out nothing was done

I have ordered countless times from NewEgg and have had only 1 issue with them. I didn't receive a package that was supposedly delivered. The matter was resolved the next day, by Newegg.

I'm curious why your first post on Overclockers would be about this topic and why you weren't on the phone the 2nd day when you hadn't heard back from them.

i dont see it how its not newegg issues, the 1st and 2nd newegg rep didnt seem to had done anything to file the claim, when i contacted newegg for the 3rd time, i was told nothing was filed and this was about a month in already.

Its not a newegg issue because its not a newegg issue. They did everything they normally do with every sale and its not their responsibility to ask UPS why its not where UPS said they left it.

Its not neweggs responsibility to file a lost/stolen package claim with UPS thats the responsibility of the receiver(you). If you got wrong merchandise, flawed products, or missing parts thats there job to fix it.

Newegg shipped it right? Out of neweggs hands (blame).

Also curious on why a first post at a website is bitching about Newegg especially considering you stated all others went fine. **** happens man... no need to sign up at a ransom website to scream from the hills your singular transaction that failed and not because of Newegg. They may be able to help, but they weren't the cause if it was shipped.

Its not a newegg issue because its not a newegg issue. They did everything they normally do with every sale and its not their responsibility to ask UPS why its not where UPS said they left it.
I can't imagine why you would ever wait that long, or why you would not use anything other than a phone when your entire order didn't arrive, or why you wouldn't call UPS since you should have a tracking number. People here are always skeptic of "I'll never shop at Newegg EVER AGAIN" threads because we get them all the time. 99% of the time, it wasn't Newegg's fault.

As soon as you can, call Newegg and speak with a manager. Don't use chat, don't use email, call. Be nice to the person you are working with, explain the situation in a calm manner, and ask to speak with a manager/floor manager. Repeat until your issue is fixed. I work in a call center, and I can say from personal experience that everything is logged. Given a phone number, I can see who called in, what queues they went to, what techs they spoke with, how long the conversation was, the audio for the call, case numbers, etc. If they have an employee lying to customers and saying they are going to do something and they aren't, that employee will be in deep crap.

Call UPS and start filing a claim as soon as you can. Absolutely do not wait any longer. Explain that Newegg said they were going to contact them and you didn't hear back.

The worst thing you can do right now is get angry with the person you are speaking with on the phone. They personally did not create this issue, so don't treat them like they did, even if they work for the company that is giving you problems. That will get you nowhere faster than you dialed the phone. Again, I have personal experience with this. I'm far less willing to help someone that starts yelling at me (actually, I can technically hang up, but that is besides the point) compared to someone that says "Hey look man, I've been working on this issue for weeks, I've talked to three other techs and nobody can help me out. Is there anything you can do to make my day better?" (and actually sounds like they are asking for help, not just being a jerk). I will literally go as far as I can to help these customers out.

When you do call, make sure to get their name (first name is enough) and the ticket number right away. Make sure they have a callback number in case you get disconnected. This way, you know they are now accountable for your call. You have their name if they don't do their job. You can also use this later on when speaking with a manager: "I spoke with Jimmy about x issue on x date, Ralph about x issue on x date, etc". That holds a lot more weight than "I've called in three times".

I used to be a call center jocky for a few years I know where your coming from thindy. That is actually one of the best descriptions on how to get what you called about from a call center Ive read in a long long time.

I have ordered countless times from NewEgg and have had only 1 issue with them. I didn't receive a package that was supposedly delivered. The matter was resolved the next day, by Newegg.

I'm curious why your first post on Overclockers would be about this topic and why you weren't on the phone the 2nd day when you hadn't heard back from them.

i was surfing around google and thought i can get some advices here, cause everytime i contacted newegg rep they said they will file a claim and give it about 7-10 days, till the 3rd rep filed then i followed up everyday

Back