• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg "Package Delivery Intercept"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still think the original issue is the payment method with bitcoins and unsafe giftcard.

I order ALOT from NCIX and newegg and since i never missed a paiement they pretty much always ship my items way before i get charged on my CC or Paypal. So if i had paiement issue, i guess they would call the package back before it reach me.

I find it best to use credit cards because you can request a "charge back" and this process is much less of a headache than Paypal's resolution process.

Here's what i think you should do and what i've done with Visa before. Call Paypal. Tell them what's happened and demand they get your money back from Newegg. Explain what's happened. They have the power to call new egg and tell them they want their money back or else. It should work. You have to call them though.

He didn't use Paypal to pay Newegg.....

I used Paypal to pay the remaining balance of $54 and change. The money is not an issue either way... I will be refunded all of my money to PP, and the giftcard balance as well.

I still think the original issue is the payment method with bitcoins and unsafe giftcard.

I order ALOT from NCIX and newegg and since i never missed a paiement they pretty much always ship my items way before i get charged on my CC or Paypal. So if i had paiement issue, i guess they would call the package back before it reach me.

The payment was actually not an issue at all. If payment was an issue, then I would have been notified. You think people can redeem giftcards "purchased using stolen CC's" and not get a phone call for that? :screwy:

The issue was this:

Shipping Issue.png

Highlighted in red is the location of my local UPS distribution center, which issued the return order.

According to the tracking number, the package was delivered at the warehouse today. I was issued an RMA number (oddly enough) via email as well. The RMA type was refund, and they didn't charge me a restocking fee since the "RMA reason" was carrier related. I have yet to get the money refunded, but that should be coming soon. I might call tonight just to get everything checked out anyway. I should have my money back already since the board was accepted at the dock, AND I never actually got the board in the first place. Typically they have to check and make sure the RMA'd item is intact, but there should be no checking in this case...

Maybe the box was completely flattened by the time it got to the local distro center and they decided to not even try and deliver it but initiate the return on their own.

I don't think they usually do that. But either way UPS would be biting the cost then. Completely crushing a box like that would take 500+ pounds though. I doubt that occurred.

Edit: As I typed that last response I got another RMA related email letting me know they received the package in the warehouse (tell me something I don't know :rolleyes: ). :thup:

Good for you! Maybe you can get lucky and order it again......before someone else does or it goes OoS.

Refund should take 3-5 days (according to the email). Since the GC was refunded, I can wait for the CC transaction to be in limbo, and I'll reorder ASAP.

Edit: Just got off the phone. I checked my account and they tried to stick me with the shipping charges. :mad: But I remained calm and collected (you get more with sugar than you do with vinegar) and she issued a credit for the shipping costs. You're going back up in my book, Newegg. :thup:

That's some good news to go along with unfortunate events.

Sounds like my Newegg return stuff, I had a RAID card that was defective (it was $25) and I called them about it. They just gave my money back and said "it's not worth it for us to ship it back".

Lol that's not too bad. I'm glad they worked much more quickly in resolving this issue. I definitely don't have an issue using Newegg. I just wish they shipped via USPS.

I'm going to use my CC from now on, and use the previous address from old purchases to avoid (knock on wood) these issues in the future.

Update for 6/25/13

Board finally came back in stock... albeit not for long. Came back in stock sometime between 10:30 and 3 CST (I was at work), and sold out just a few minutes ago.

Luckily I was able to order one in time, and I used the "USPS Suggested" address this time around. If things don't go smoothly, I will be very upset. My first call, if I see anything wrong with the tracking, will be to UPS to make sure the package makes it to my house.

I guess it's alright that I didn't get the board yet. I get a paycheck this Friday which gives me some much needed funds to buy a chip, and I can wait to see if any of the later silicon is better than the current crap. Today I saw the very first 7ghz retail chip from the Russians. We need moar good chips!

Back