• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg+paypal "Order Verification"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

\dev\goat

man /dev/goat
Is anybody else having to wait for days and days on order verification when you pay newegg through paypal?

It has almost always been same-day shipping no matter how I pay. The last 2 orders I've placed and paid with paypal, I have had to wait for three entire days before it got past "order verification" and actually shipped.

Monday night I ordered a switch for my father in law, and paid with my credit card. Shipped to his address instead of mine. I ordered myself 2 new SSD's, paid with paypal, shipped to my address. His item has been shipped and is about to arrive, and mine are still in "order verification".

2 weeks ago I told the boss of the company I used to work for that I could recover his data and have his office pc fixed by the end of the week. Ordered his new drive, paid with paypal, and newegg made me wait 3 days for "order verification." Dude had to write invoices by hand because I couldn't get the pc back to him til the week after.

Nope. Instant for me on CC based payments and PP based.

Why dont you contact newegg and see whats going on. :)

Where are the paypal funds coming from? I noticed something similar recently on a classified purchase where paypal used to send instant payment by pulling from my bank if I didn't have the funds in paypal. Apparntly that has changed and I had to wait 3 days for the e-check to clear. Now you have to use cc or link your debit card for instant payment.

Now you have to use cc or link your debit card for instant payment.

Yea it's linked to my debit card :(

I just waited in queue for customer support for a while but I forgot it was on and went afk for a HUGE amount of time while they tried to talk to me haha. My customer support verification process

Is anybody else having to wait for days and days on order verification when you pay newegg through paypal?

Same for me but I waited much longer. I cancelled the order. Got online with MicroCenter in Boston. In 18 minutes they responded with an Email saying the item was ready to pick up at thier store. Got in the car drove 15 miles spent 10 minutes in the store trying not to buy other stuff and was home within the hour and installed my part. Maybe $5 in gas? and no hassle or 'this is our policy'

The item held up testing of the rest of the build and the return policy of 30 days on the original buy was down by 10 days, which means I would have to wait another 5 days to ship at best leaving next to no time if any thing else failed. A neat way of not having to deal with vendor returns, in by opinion!
I tried for an extension but no dice.

Back