• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg purchase: shipping from the other side of the planet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As the two screenshots show(post #13), the 'free shipping' goes away once the item is placed in the Shopping Cart. I checked several other items, and the same thing occurred.

Perhaps the common denominator is very low priced items(under $2) and shipping internationally.

I think most would agree that Shopping Cart 'surprises' have the appearance of being a deceptive practice. I would prefer to view such as being an innocent mistake but....

I'll shoot them a message, and see what the response is.

...so, I finally got a reply to the above mentioned inquiry. They did not address the issue of the "free shipping" disappearing, and instead having a $$ amount for shipping appearing once the item was placed in the Shopping Cart.

Rather, the response was a typical "I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused on you and...."

O.K., thanks so much.....:shrug:

FWIW, I checked several products for which free shipping was offered...did not find any further 'surprises' of added shipping charges in the Shopping Cart. :thup:

What...that consumers arent paying attention to why it happens and automatically thinks its dubious?? :p

Anybody else remember when it was the shady people who got blamed for being shady? Instead of the consumers being at fault because they didn't notice shenanigans soon enough to call "shenanigans"?
Now it's our fault the media lies to us if we don't "fact check". I thought that's what the news was. LOL

EarthDog, whats you motivation to be so defensive of corporate entities and their unprofessional policies and behavior? You have been their unappointed apologist on this forum for quite a while, I have to wonder why.

Im not defensive, a realist perhaps. :)

Ill be the first to call shenanigans when it is uncovered. We havent seen the reason for it...maybe it is dubious...i just dont jump there first. Not eeverythingdeserves a pitchfork and torches. ;)

Im not defensive, a realist perhaps. :)

Ill be the first to call shenanigans when it is uncovered. We havent seen the reason for it...maybe it is dubious...i just dont jump there first. Not eeverythingdeserves a pitchfork and torches. ;)

We're with you on this brother, nobody brought any pitchforks or the lighter fluid for the torches to this discussion. ;)

I think we are all being realists here. :grouphug:

Back