• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Newegg Shell Shocker Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Careful

quoting yourself in a double post gets one yelled at by ED.
Also may or may not be a sign of extreme narcissism :p

But yeah. Technically a 470gb drive for the cost of a 490gb drive.
*refuses to fall for the advertised GB lie anymore*

It's not a lie, it's a difference in units...

Yes Yes I know that.
binary vs Base10.

But as we all know, there are 10 types of people in this world.

Its mainly me joking about other numerical marketing tactics. Like how when something is marketed at 99.99, it is done so intentionally, due to the mind saying to you that you are NOT spending 100 on said item.
Same reason why with tech if you see *666mhz it usually gets changed to *667Mhz.

Yes Yes I know that.
binary vs Base10.

But as we all know, there are 10 types of people in this world.

Its mainly me joking about other numerical marketing tactics. Like how when something is marketed at 99.99, it is done so intentionally, due to the mind saying to you that you are NOT spending 100 on said item.
Same reason why with tech if you see *666mhz it usually gets changed to *667Mhz.

It's not a marketing tactic though...

And 667MHz RAM is labeled as such because it is 666.6666...MHz, AKA rounding.

Careful

quoting yourself in a double post gets one yelled at by ED.
Also may or may not be a sign of extreme narcissism :p

But yeah. Technically a 470gb drive for the cost of a 490gb drive.
*refuses to fall for the advertised GB lie anymore*

Moderate yourself please. I'm updating the thread for the next days sales, not quoting myself to make emphasis.

We're also all versed in advertised storage vs actual. Not the thread to discuss that please.

So I think Im gonna list, and emphasize really good deals.

Todays List ->

Harmon Kardon receiver AVR 1710. In harmon kardon fashion, you get svelte looks and decent performance... at enthusiast grade pricing. At 300$ you can still do much better

JBL Loft bookshelf speakers. Im not intimate with these. I haven't been impressed with JBL anything lately, but if these are a hidden gem, feel free to chime in;.

Ergotron desk arm. These things are SO cool. If you have a big, sturdy desk and dont want to wall mount, this is an incredible option for you. Pricing not out yet, will update later.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824994063

19" TN refurb panel. no pricing yet

Rosewill usb 3.0 pcie add on card. no pricing yet

for 45$ doesnt look too shabby!

They made the pyramid (3+1) stand that I use, the hex-monitor stand that thideras uses, and the tri-monitor stand that Janus uses.
Top notch quality, great prices.

They made the pyramid (3+1) stand that I use, the hex-monitor stand that thideras uses, and the tri-monitor stand that Janus uses.
Top notch quality, great prices.

But... its NOT CHROME DUDE. Chrome is important to some people ;) (Yes, Im kidding lol)

I always thought those things were hundreds of dollars, for 45$ I wouldn't have wall mounted my stuff lol. Lets see where the ergotron comes in price wise tho.

But... its NOT CHROME DUDE. Chrome is important to some people ;) (Yes, Im kidding lol)

I always thought those things were hundreds of dollars, for 45$ I wouldn't have wall mounted my stuff lol. Lets see where the ergotron comes in price wise tho.

CHROME!!!!!
mercedes_benz_slr_mclaren_9qiu5.jpg

I'm curious to see where the Ergotron comes in as well.
Day to day though, EasyMountLCD wipes the floor with any other company I've found on pricing and quality.

Reminds me of the actually gold plated cars I saw in Dubai on my many adventures there lol.

Back