• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sigh, Im still totally bumed out that I haven't been offered a chance to get in on this program. I even went back through and wrote reviews for nearly every item that I have purchased that they still stock(the dozen or so that I had not already reviewed). Yall are super lucky to be in on this.

I got another offer for a switch, but I don't have a use for one as it is, none that my router doesn't take care of, but I'm sure I could test one if I just knew what I was supposed to look for in a switch... and I really don't. So, I declined again.

Not a 900D, but after the 4TB drive the next item is a DLink 5 port GB switch. Not hugely excited but an easy review.

I just turned down a D-Link DCS-931L Cloud Wireless IP Camera and probably should of did it, I just don't have the time now.:-/

Pretty much throughput, plug and playness, robustness of the physical ports, whether there is any power saving tech involved, physical layout of the switch and any usage problems.

Just receired a "Reviewer Agreement" from Newegg that says I am willing to do reviews without compensation, i.e. I might be required to returned the reviewed item after review without any compensation for my time spent. These folks have far too many lawyers involved in the process to warrant particapation in their program.

Just receired a "Reviewer Agreement" from Newegg that says I am willing to do reviews without compensation, i.e. I might be required to returned the reviewed item after review without any compensation for my time spent. These folks have far too many lawyers involved in the process to warrant particapation in their program.

The agreement I had only said I could keep the stuff I reviewed... didn't say anything about returning it.

I just received a review agreement and it said some products I will have to return otherwise it will be charged to my account. So screw this program.:mad::bang head

Last edited:
Interesting, like the others here I've never signed any agreement. It also seems a bit much expecting a reviewer to go out of their way to review something and then to not recompense them in any way at all. Also the review guidelines are currently maximum 2 weeks before review.

That is very, very different from what I received when I was invited into the program. By the sounds of it only certain vendors want products returned... So far nothing I've gotten has had return shipping crap in it, just a bunch of peanuts to make a mess all over my house and the product to review. Also, the first email I received said nothing about 1250 characters, but rather just said it would be reviewed to check if it met their expectations. All of my reviews have been over 1250 characters though, I'm sure.

I just received a review agreement and it said some products I will have to return otherwise it will be charged to my account. So screw this program.

Wow...

That would make it really not worth it.

Perhaps you'll get more expensive stuff to review, but have to return it =P

If they do that I'll be happy to continue reviews but at my usual consultation rates! Which ain't cheap.

I could live with those terms. I mean come on you get to play with new stuff before others in some cases. I dont review to make money I review to give folks my thoughts on a product. I have the spare time to do this and I feel privileged to of been invited. I'm wondering if there seeing alot of their products sold after being reviewed is why their doing this. I still have everything on hand I have been asked to review.

Makes perfect sense to me that they don't want to hand out a $250 piece of hardware for nothing but a review, but they could at least offer a $1 gift card, rather than "You review this thing. We're not paying you for your time, and you have to send it back within one month."

Last edited:
Back