• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dont think its a prereq for it. I believe its mostly that in my case I write a review on just about everything I have purchased but I doubt it hurts I've been a customer since they opened and have spent more than I care to admit there.

And also to the guy that said he works in IT, did they know that before or after they invited you? =P

Fascinating stuff they just decide to make you a specshul reviewer after spending thousands, seems thats the only prereq to getting in...

No they didn't. I assume they just invited me because of how many reviews I did all at once, since I bought around $3000 worth from there for a new setup.

TBH from anecdotal evidence it seems to be a combination of factors, the number of reviews, the number of upvoted reviews and indirectly the amount of cash spent. The last I'm not sure is that important but does increase the number of items you have probably reviewed.

I've cleaned up the tail-end of this thread. To summarize: there was a spammer and they were banned. Please stop giving them the perceived satisfaction of thinking we care by discussing it.

I can't remember, but how long has your stuff taken to ship? I got my shipment notice on the 7th (six days ago), 4-5 (if you include the 7th) business days ago.

EDIT: Just came -_-

Last edited:
I got stuff today and the notification of shipping I got last Monday or Tuesday, the initial contact was on the 1st, so about 12 days all told. They contacted me on Friday with more powerline stuff, not my favorite but hey!

I got stuff today and the notification of shipping I got last Monday or Tuesday, the initial contact was on the 1st, so about 12 days all told. They contacted me on Friday with more powerline stuff, not my favorite but hey!

Yeah, lol. I actually just got it 30 mins ago. :bday:

We should start some kind of Google excel sheet database with all the products they've sen out. Anyone in?

Any ideas how I should set this excel file up? Obviously Google Docs, but how I should format it for.

I was thinking:
..........[A].....................[C]...............[D]
[1] Username - Brand - Product - Product type (hdd, router, ect)
[2]
[3]

Last edited:
Depends, sometimes 24 hours,sometimes a bit longer. I think there's a propagation delay as sometimes the number of reviews on the search page is different to that on the item page, usually indicative that a review is about to go live. Got my TRENDNet powerline adapters today so I'll be messing about with them tomorrow.

After a few weeks of no more review offers, I'm now being offered a Seagate 3TB NAS Hard Drive... Time to set up one of my old computers for a temporary NAS. :D

yeah I had a steady run for a bit finally got my latest after a few weeks delay from accepting it. Its a 3Tb AV-GP drive. Time to set up some streaming vids on it to torture it if I can. lol

Back