• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's Eggxpert Review Program

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still got nothing! You can't put a price on that. ;)

They're sending some awesome stuff every now and then between the ethernet switches, wireless routers, and powerline adapters.

I recently found that 3TB NAS drive they sent me about this time last year. I need to find a home for it...

I shouldnt say this cause it'll probably jinx it lol but I havent seen a router switch or powerline adapter in a long while. This is my first since declining an opertunity late last year since i was moving I didnt want to rush it and put up a shotty review. But my last one was for another set of headphones which I still use occasionally. Kinda excited about this one as what i've researched about them so far seems very good. Plus been wanting a set to maybe get back to chatting while gaming.

I still got nothing! You can't put a price on that. ;)

They're sending some awesome stuff every now and then between the ethernet switches, wireless routers, and powerline adapters.

I recently found that 3TB NAS drive they sent me about this time last year. I need to find a home for it...

My gadget orphanage is open to all :D

nice stuff everybody is getting, seem to be diversifying it a little more now (rather then just network switches and powerline adapters)
not sure if I would accept a new mobo since I would have buy a new cpu and ram to go along along with it even though I could use a nice upgrade :p

but anyway I got the steel series mouse, its pretty nice, very comfortable

This is actually the second mobo they've sent me, although this one is much higher spec than the previous one. Ordinarily I would have declined it but my main desktop has been showing signs of age over the last few months. It's an Athlon X3 on an old AM2+ board running DDR2 memory. I picked up a cheap dual core pentium which benchmarks faster than it for $60, I already have suitable fast DDR3 memory, SSD 120GB, 2TB SATA III drive and PSU. Now that I think about it the only thing in the case which wont be a review item will be the CPU!

This is actually the second mobo they've sent me, although this one is much higher spec than the previous one. Ordinarily I would have declined it but my main desktop has been showing signs of age over the last few months. It's an Athlon X3 on an old AM2+ board running DDR2 memory. I picked up a cheap dual core pentium which benchmarks faster than it for $60, I already have suitable fast DDR3 memory, SSD 120GB, 2TB SATA III drive and PSU. Now that I think about it the only thing in the case which wont be a review item will be the CPU!

I'm still surprised they send out motherboards, since you need to already have the compatible hardware. Not every reviewer is going to have a bunch of compatible parts lying around and would end up having to buy stuff just to review it.

I wonder how many opt out.

Better question: How many don't have compatible hardware and "review" it anyway?
Wouldn't be any less accurate than the PSU reviews :D

Better question: How many don't have compatible hardware and "review" it anyway?
Wouldn't be any less accurate than the PSU reviews :D

"Uhh...the box is pretty and it came with a bunch of extra cables. I plugged it into a power supply and an LED lit up. 5 Eggs!"

Or what wouldn't surprise me if it also happened -

"The thing is a POS! I don't have a compatible CPU, but I tossed some RAM and an old graphics card in it and it didn't even post! 1 star!"

Well this mobo at least will be used in a constructive way. I teach a class in introductory electronics to a bunch of High School students. We've gone through the usual passive components, active components and building a couple of simple soldered kits (all of which the kids got working... in some cases after significant rework!). I've introduced them to PC architecture and the components and we'll be using this mobo to build a PC and install a variety of OSes. For most of the students it'll be the first time they've seen anything that isn't a branded off the shelf computer, and the first time they'll have seen anything that isn't Windows or OS X. They are all on board with the idea that home builds may not save them money but will allow them to control the quality of the components. Once built and operational I'll be putting it through its paces and using the students input and perceptions in the final review. Should be an interesting process.

"Uhh...the box is pretty and it came with a bunch of extra cables. I plugged it into a power supply and an LED lit up. 5 Eggs!"

Or what wouldn't surprise me if it also happened -

"The thing is a POS! I don't have a compatible CPU, but I tossed some RAM and an old graphics card in it and it didn't even post! 1 star!"

Or maybe even in some special cases you'll catch a noob trying to hammer an FX-8350 into an LGA1150. :bday:

Well this mobo at least will be used in a constructive way. I teach a class in introductory electronics to a bunch of High School students. We've gone through the usual passive components, active components and building a couple of simple soldered kits (all of which the kids got working... in some cases after significant rework!). I've introduced them to PC architecture and the components and we'll be using this mobo to build a PC and install a variety of OSes. For most of the students it'll be the first time they've seen anything that isn't a branded off the shelf computer, and the first time they'll have seen anything that isn't Windows or OS X. They are all on board with the idea that home builds may not save them money but will allow them to control the quality of the components. Once built and operational I'll be putting it through its paces and using the students input and perceptions in the final review. Should be an interesting process.

Where were people like you when I was in high school?

Nobody in my class knew what RAM was because our teachers couldn't explain it to us. :rolleyes:

Back