• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newest Creation...Work In Progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hrm - it seems as though the "GetCurrentWorkUnit" in my Slot class is generating a negative index. I changed this algorithm for version 1.8 (still in progress) and will have to add more error checking.

I've never tested with a logging level other than 3...I'll have to either test with that method, or have my program force the logging level to 3...thanks for the heads up on that.

I don't know why the Uptime is not being reported. This information comes through the Telnet connection to the main F@H app that's running (the same link that "Estimated Points", F@H PPD Estimate, and a few others come from.) Not sure why this isn't parsing out.

Let me poke around some more...I'll figure it out - hehe.

Hey Silver...do me a favor and do the following:

--> Start menu...type in telnet and launch telnet
--> In telnet menu, type: open PC_NAME 36330
---------> Where PC_NAME is the name of the PC that is not reporting uptime (or localhost if it's on the same machine that you started telnet on)
--> After you connect to F@H, type: uptime

Post a screenshot here of the response.

Thanks!

Hey Silver...do me a favor and do the following:

---------> Where PC_NAME is the name of the PC that is not reporting uptime (or localhost if it's on the same machine that you started telnet on)

Thanks!

I will do this as soon as i get some wifi to remote in. Currently visiting family so im mobile now.

Sorry, Telnet wasn't coming up in the start menu. (Odd, not even in a CMD prompt!) So I used Putty.
Anyways:

Ah ha!! Okay, so I had to type in uptime 3 times to get it to work... :-/
uptime.PNG

I wonder if things have changed with the beta FAH client? I'm using 7.4.15.

Last edited:
Try closing the program and deleting the log.txt.txt file. Restart. It will rebuild the file from the existing log.txt file.

You will lose all history since the last time you stated the F&H control.

(Or you can rename the file.)

Something got corrupted in the file.

I'll add more error checking in the next release based on the files you posted earlier.

It really helps if you point it to the right log file.... doh!

If I may be stupid to ask, what is this for? I'm a newb OC'er.
Basically it's a program that acts as a front-end for the Folding @ Home client.
Except better!

It displays all the info you need, current work unit, ETC, ETA, the work unit project info, your average points per day, your average points per GPU etc. list goes on.
It's a very clean and simple way to ensure all of your folding clients are online and working, and it can also help to see if a recent change like an overclock as had any impact on your folding preformance. :)

Hey JrClocker. I love this tool, but I'm having a bit of an issue with the Telnet Link to a remote client. I have it connected to my main FAHControl, but it doesn't look like it's even trying to attempt a connection to the remote machine.

SbEEKF6.png

Any help?

Yeah - it's because you are not folding for Team 32! (Just kidding...)

Check 2 things:
1. Make sure that the host PC name is correct. The app just makes a guess based on the network path.
2. Make sure you have granted access on the remote machine to the IP address that the app is running on.
- The telnet connection to the FAH control does not have a password
- Their "security" to to have you go in the app on the machine and grant access for an IP address, or a range of IP addresses.
- You do this in the FAH control on the PC you want to access remotely.
- After setting it up on the remote PC, remove the machine from the app (right click on the middle left window) and re-add it.

Oh JrClocker, I fixed the missing uptime thing. I had to reinstall the client. I had the new beta one installed along side the 7.4.4 client so I went back to 7.4.4 and everything works great

Yeah - it's because you are not folding for Team 32! (Just kidding...)

Check 2 things:
1. Make sure that the host PC name is correct. The app just makes a guess based on the network path.
2. Make sure you have granted access on the remote machine to the IP address that the app is running on.
- The telnet connection to the FAH control does not have a password
- Their "security" to to have you go in the app on the machine and grant access for an IP address, or a range of IP addresses.
- You do this in the FAH control on the PC you want to access remotely.
- After setting it up on the remote PC, remove the machine from the app (right click on the middle left window) and re-add it.

Hostname is correct, doesn't work with IP either. Access to the remote machine is done, hence the remote connection via the FAH client.

Password is set, though even with the removal of a password + restart of the client/machine, I am unable to connect to the remote machine. I think the issue has to do with remote control settings reloading.

Do me a favor and do the following:

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Used the IP instead of machine name. Uptime returns nadda.

EDIT: Just kidding, I had to auth (it was turned back on). Uptime is listed.
Capture.PNG

EDIT 2: Removed password, restarted client. Invalid password. Tried same password as above, authentication failure.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Try restarting your machine. The client is just a GUI shell. When you telnet in you are not talking to the client. The client talks with the main F@H app through Telnet.

It's something in your setup as my app only uses the existing Telnet interface. Are you by chance running the beta client like mentioned above or 2 on the same machine?

No beta client here. I'll go through with a FAH reinstall today to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Client reinstall worked. I'm now able to telnet into the machine remotely and run commands without a password. FAH Log File Parser still won't use the telnet connection when machine name is used, but connects when IP is used.

Capture.PNG

Success. :clap:

Last edited:
Back