• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s2 and nf7-sg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3.2 vdimm is nice. 3.3 should be the standard for an ocing board. Gotta love the southbridge heatsink on that thing

skou said:
Those metal strips are the same "overclocking strips," that were on the TH7, and TH711 boards.

Overclocking strips? What function do those serve?

I'm getting a new board and I think I might try out the NF7-S2 instead of Nf7-s and post the results. From what I heard its just a cleaned up version of NF7-S v2.0, no mods needed, like L12, vdimm, or anything. The only drawback is the 1.88vcore and missing mosfets. I hope it will be a better overclocker.

Whats this I hear about a NF7-S v2.4? When is this suppose to come out and what changes are they doing? I thought the S2 was the new version.

Um, if you check out this thread: http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=333350
over at the amdmb forums, you'll see the NF7-S2 has no cpu multi adjustment and also CAS 2.5 is the lowest option. (I imagine the NF7-SG2 would not be very different) Now the lack of multiplier options may not be so bad, but wth about the memory settings. That sounds like a rip to me.
I don't know about anyone else, but that does not sound very promising as far as overclockability goes.

Just my $0.02...

-Dusty- :beer:

Back