• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce 570SLI NB/SB MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is that the K9N Plat? When I searched the board you listed that's what came up.

Don't know any volt mods for any of the modern boards - I'm not even sure there are any. What are your systems specs??? There may be more at work there than chipset voltages. If I remember right those boards OC'ed fairly well ...

Thanks for reply.
I have a Brisbane Athlon x2 4000+ ~2,1ghz stock
I overclocked it to 2,37ghz(225fsb) with 4x HT and RAM to 400mhz
If i increase the fsb more=pc dont boot,if i increase ram to 533mhz=pc dont boot.When fsb is stock,ram runs at 667 with np.I tried changing cmd-addr from 2T to 1T,changed timings,voltages,vcore,vdimm.No boot.Sometimes boots ,gets to the windows logo and thats it.At 225fsb system is totally stable.I am pretty sure its the northbridge causing these things,but there isnt nb voltage in bios,so i am looking for a hardware mod or a software that can change it.Also,if I remove 2 sticks of my ram(total 3)I am able to reach about 235 fsb stable.So that points to the northbridge too.

This is the board:
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&prod_no=254#
I already have the latest bios 3.10

Please answer and ask anything,I am checking this forum very often :)

Thanks for reply.
I have a Brisbane Athlon x2 4000+ ~2,1ghz stock
I overclocked it to 2,37ghz(225fsb) with 4x HT and RAM to 400mhz
If i increase the fsb more=pc dont boot,if i increase ram to 533mhz=pc dont boot.When fsb is stock,ram runs at 667 with np.I tried changing cmd-addr from 2T to 1T,changed timings,voltages,vcore,vdimm.No boot.Sometimes boots ,gets to the windows logo and thats it.At 225fsb system is totally stable.I am pretty sure its the northbridge causing these things,but there isnt nb voltage in bios,so i am looking for a hardware mod or a software that can change it.Also,if I remove 2 sticks of my ram(total 3)I am able to reach about 235 fsb stable.So that points to the northbridge too.

This is the board:
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&prod_no=254#
I already have the latest bios 3.10

Please answer and ask anything,I am checking this forum very often :)
"So that points to the northbridge too"???
You either must be used to older systems or Intel. All A64's (AMD CPU's since c.2004-5?) have an IMC (Integrated Memory Controller), which sits on the CPU die. Memory data goes from the CPU straight to RAM - the northbridge has nothing to do with it. Also, there is no "FSB" in your system. What you're calling the FSB is just the reference clock. The HT (HyperTransport) Link takes over the job of the FSB to transfer all other data to/from the CPU.

First off, if you're running 3 sticks of RAM that's going to create problems. The IMC was designed to run dual-channel x64 each, which is why they sell RAM in matched 2-stick kits. Are any two of your three sticks the same model? If so, put those in the correct slots (see your motherboard manual) and you'll be running dual-channel instead of single channel. That will help out a lot.

Second, did you set your RAM timings manually? There's no telling what the BIOS will do to the timings when you deviate from programmed speeds. Dropping the RAM to 400 MHz (DDR2-800) was the right thing to do but you still need to set those timings manually. I would use the stock timings and voltage for 667 MHz.

For more information see: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=555058

Good luck and post back with results ... :)

Last edited:
I tried with 2 stick in dual channel mode but results are same,225fsb max.I have tried the slowest timings 6/6/6/18/26 2T=no boot with more fsb.Increasing ram voltage,cpu voltage,ht link to 1x ,nothing helps.I am lost here :(

I have reading forums and i found a guy with a similar problem,his mobo cant get more than 230fsb,but he said he put 240fsb and everything was running smooth.I tried ,but its not working here..

This is the best i could get it to.Increasing ram to 533 or fsb more =pc boots ,gets to Starting Windows(win7) and freezes.Sometimes doesnt even boot,its random..

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn104/trsparrot/Screen01-1.jpg

I have noticed 1 more strange thing.When i enable in bios to check 64 or 128bit ram,and software memory hole=no signal,cant boot,so they are disabled

Last edited:
Is your vCore (CPU voltage) really only 1.20v??? If so I'm surprised you got that far. What are your loaded core temps?

You're also showing single channel RAM there. Regardless of what final speed you end up with you're really killing your RAM performance like that. Do you have two matched sticks of RAM ...???

Default vcore is 1,3v but i lowered it to 1,2v .Loaded temps are 46C,36C is idle.I dont really care about ram performance,i play games,nothing else :S

2 of my 3 sticks are identical.I put them now and they run in dual channel.I am writing u now with 2,5ghz overclock :).I dont know how far I will get.Those 2 sticks are 2x512mb 800mhz.the 3rd one is 667mhz.Can this be the reason why i couldn't overlock?

Brb,finding the max clock now,waiting for ur reply
and thanks

Got it to 250fsb with some tweaking 2,625mhz,thats 25fsb more than with 3 sticks...but now i have 1gb ram instead of 2 :S
So all this is caused by the ram?Then why im still getting 2,6ghz only,even with 800mhz ram ;( dual channel

You've answered your own question. When you first posted you were stuck at 225 MHz, now you're at 250 MHz. What's changed?

Getting the RAM right is critical to OC'ing. Most modern RAM doesn't take well to odd RAM timings until you're really high up there and playing with things other than the basic timings. Even now you have your RAM set to 4-4-4-12-16 but the SPD tab shows your RAM sticks use a different timing scheme. You should be at 3-4-4-12-16 or 4-5-5-15-20. Everything except the CAS (first number) is mostly for stability and really doesn't effect the RAM performance so there's no reason to tighten down the other timings. Stick with the manufacturers specs as much as possible on timings.

What are your loaded core temps now?

As for "ppl" reaching 2.8 GHz @ 1.30v - every system is different. Personally I've never seen 2.8 GHz at 1.30v on a 4xxx chip, it usually takes more than that. In general anything beyond +20% (you're at 23% right now - 25% at 250 MHz) is pretty good for any CPU ... :)

I managed to reach 2,9 ghz :D
but then started bsods....
so I went down down,at 260fsb with 1,4vcore stable :(

I've run 90nm chips up to 1.55v but I wouldn't try that with a Brisbane. 1.45v should be OK though.

How were your load temps??? I'd bet that's the problem you're running into now ...

Temps are high but still good,around 58C on load.I dont understand why i get bsods with higher than 260fsb ?:( but able to run cpu-z even with 2,9ghz...My ram timings are very slow 6/6/6/18/26,400mhz,ht link is 3x,vcore to 1,45 and still bsod if i put 265fsb.

You're probably hitting the top end OC of the CPU for those temps. The higher the core temp the less OC'ing headroom you have ...

Edit:
added "OC" for clarity

Last edited:
nah,this cpu can run with up to 70C.Is it possible that the bsods are caused by its high temp?

btw,another thing,I just put back my 2gigs of ram,clocked to 225 fsb,everything works like it used to be,but sometimes (happend 2 times in the last 10 hours)pc just reboots,not sure if its related to cpu usage.What have i damaged?:((

I putted in 2x1GB ddr2 667 mhz ram,and pc cant boot with more than 220fsb.with 2xddr2 800mhz it goes to 260.Maybe if i get 1066 mhz ram i would break 3ghz:)

Back