• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nibbler power?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that attachment looks cool. the cuts the guy makes in the picture looks pretty easy and nice. should i go with that or save for a dremel?

If you have an air compressor, get a pneumatic one, those are only about 20 bucks and they will zip through sheet metal, if it can cut a floor pan in a car it can cut a computer case with ease.

unfortunately dont got one, but if it was dremel vs that attachment, and money in mind, ease of use, etc. wats a good choice?

The cuts I did on my case came out looking nice. You just have to be careful on curves. It only curls the metal when you take too long to operate the tool. A fast snip results in no curling. I also use car door molding around all the holes in my case so there's no need to sand it.

well i heard the generic dremel types work ok. im only planning to use it one time 2 times etc only wen i need case windows which is not often/. so would a generic one work fine? isnt it only the wheel that matters more?

if i get a generic off ebay, what speed, or specs should i be looking for? wat minimum rpm? i have the antec soho 1040 i think its 1mm steel.

The Wicker Man said:
If you dont want to spend a bunch for a Dremel, look around for a die grinder.
I found on for 30 bucks in my father-in-laws Grizzly catalog.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G8601

I have purchased three different brands of items exactly like this, one caught on fire while cutting some paneling, another smoked out and started melting where the power switch was, and the last one I bought at Wal Mart..Handy something or other.. well it started getting hot and started melting where you hold it and the it caught fire and I brought the damn thing back to Wally world still smoking! I was not happy. They gave me my variable speed dremel for the 24.00 bucks I spent on the handy thingy. GOD BLESS DREMEL!!!

I seen an attachment at Wallys Mart for the Dremel like on a Roto-Zip, for stand up type cutting.......
plunge.jpg

My father-in-law used his roto zip to make the blow holes in the side of my case, but, now I want a window....... :D

KnowlesTech said:

I have purchased three different brands of items exactly like this, one caught on fire while cutting some paneling, another smoked out and started melting where the power switch was, and the last one I bought at Wal Mart..Handy something or other.. well it started getting hot and started melting where you hold it and the it caught fire and I brought the damn thing back to Wally world still smoking! I was not happy. They gave me my variable speed dremel for the 24.00 bucks I spent on the handy thingy. GOD BLESS DREMEL!!!

Grizzly is high end stuff, my pappy-in-law has a bunch of stuff from them, and I do believe there stuff has a lifetime warrenty, not sure though...heh
But in any case, there stuff is very high quality.........
Definalty better then the stuff at Wallys Mart.....:D

Back