• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nintendo may have heard our cries: Earthbound heading to the VC eventually

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
http://www.destructoid.com/starmen-net-assaults-nintendo-of-america-with-envelopes-books-39467.phtml

The good folks over at Starmen.net (if you're an Earthbound fan and you don't know about Starmen.net, just go top yourself now) have a mission. That mission is to get Mother 3 translated and released in North America. They are also a hub for everything Earthbound and Mother related in the entire intertubenets.

Their latest assault on Nintendo has been a bit more interactive than their 30,000 name petition of the past. The community got together and not only created an awesome Earthbound Anthology book, containing facts, fanart, and other media, but put crayons to construction paper and sent in hundreds, thousands, TENS of thousands of pieces of fanart, all to be dropped off at Nintendo headquarters in Redmond, Washington.

Well, the boys and girls in Washington were pretty freaking impressed. So impressed, they took the crew of 5 out to lunch at Cafe Mario and dished some great news to them.

1) Earthbound is coming to the VC. They didn't say when, but it's coming.
2) Sales of the Earthbound VC release will be a bellwether of weather or not we will ever see a North American release of Mother 3.

So when Earthbound is released, go tell your friends, your friend's friends, your aunts, uncles, cousins and dogs to drop some pocket change into Nintendo's VC Coffers and download a copy of one of the best yet most overlooked SNES RPGs to date.

I'll be buying a few copies. One for me (this will mark the 3rd time I will have bought the game) and one for a few of my friends. It should be mandatory that people experience this game. I cannot count the times I've beaten it, and I've enjoyed it every freaking time!

This is fantastic news! My day has finally been made!

Their latest assault on Nintendo has been a bit more interactive than their 30,000 name petition of the past. The community got together and not only created an awesome Earthbound Anthology book, containing facts, fanart, and other media, but put crayons to construction paper and sent in hundreds, thousands, TENS of thousands of pieces of fanart, all to be dropped off at Nintendo headquarters in Redmond, Washington.

So, if we send them a boatload of homemade oil paintings, do you think we'll finally get our Bob Ross' Joy of Painting game?

Only if they include plenty of happy little bushes in the pictures.

Seriously though, if there is one game in the entire world I'm absolutely gay for, it's Earthbound. This is absolutely incredible news for me!

Back