• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED no audio through hdmi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

hey everyone i got a sound system here in our conference room at work, we currently have a dell optiplex 9020 with a nvidia geforce 210 video card and are not getting any audio in the system, now before you say its the card or port, if i were to plug the hdmi cable into a laptop i get audio and video, but even with different video cards and adapters etc i cannot get audio through hdmi on this desktop, i have even tried reinstalling windows with the onboard audio disabled!

does anyone have any ideas i could try?

Last edited:
Did you install the audio portion of the driver?

yes i did and made sure it was the default device, i can play audio through speakers but not through hdmi on a desktop but i can on a laptop

Make sure that hdmi is chosen as the audio input mode on the display as well. Make sure it is the default output in Windows and the input mode on the display itself.

Make sure that hdmi is chosen as the audio input mode on the display as well. Make sure it is the default output in Windows and the input mode on the display itself.

default audio in windows and on the display

Check for updates at Nvidia, then look the setup to use your gpu for audio as above.

the drivers i got from nvidias site they are the latest for the card and i have tried everything to get this thing to work, i will take some pictures or something monday

hey everyone so i brought a couple more video cards from home that i know for a fact play sound through hdmi and tried them out here and no sound from the hdmi on the desktop, i have also tried different computers including one with onboard hdmi and no sound at all, but plug in a laptop to hdmi and boom sound, i have no idea what the issue is

Back