• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No 'Bass Boost' in Win7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bahooki

Before I start, sorry if this would go in Hardware/Sound.

Hey, guys. I just bought a Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset, and I'm running into some problems with using it. To make the bass work in 7.1, the FAQ says you have to put it in 7.1 mode (within the sound control panel) which I did fine. The other thing it tells you to do, is a problem however. It says that I need to go into the Sound Control Panel, then click on my headset and go to 'Enhancements' then select 'Bass Boost'. I don't have Bass Boost.
h5QlJlb.png
That's what my menu looks like. It's all properly plugged in to my computer, because I've checked multiple times and it even tells me on the Properties menu. I don't yet know if it could be a faulty headset, but I don't think so because when I put it into 2.1 the bass works fine.
Thanks a ton for any help =)

Bahooki

P.S. Here's the Razer FAQ. It's the one at the very bottom.
http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en/faq

I had to look it up to see how it connected. 3.5mm jacks and a USB for extra power. Looks like you have to blame this one solely on your Sound Card/Onboard Codec. If it doesn't support the function, your headset won't be able to take advantage of it.

yes it depends on the sound card. also drivers most default windows drivers dont have the option whereas the manufacturers drivers do.

Bahooki, I removed your other thread as it was a duplicate of this one. Please only create one thread per topic.

My problem is just that. No dedicated sound card. So when I listen to music and surf, the music has a tendency to skip or stutter a little which is very annoying.

o.o sounds like other problems even onboard shouldn't be doing that.

You're right. Most of my basic newsy browsing stuff is done with TorBrowser. It's pretty intensive on my older pentium e. Using a browser such as InternetSurfboard, where the browsing is automatically much faster does makes a huge difference. Regardless, if I had a decent asus card I guarantee the problem would not be able to exist period. Thanks for pointing that out. Makes me want a card that much more. That's why I laugh when guys say their onboard is as good as a dedicated card. Maybe a mobo could be but not std onboard audio.

Back