• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Keyboard / Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigAir

I'm trying to get my Toshiba Satellite 1805-s204 laptop to recognize the keyboard and mouse. It recognizes it all the way until Windows starts. I can open and tweak the bios (changed obvious settings), boot to safe mode, etc, but as soon as windows starts, the keyboard and mouse quit working. I tried an external mouse (serial and USB) with no success. Any ideas? Thanks!

Negative on all of the above. if I go to reinstall windows, the mouse/keyboard don't work in the installation console. The ps/2 port doesnt work either. Help!

No ideas? It must be the motherboard? Couldn't be if I can use the keyboard in the bios... Maybe flash the bios?

Have you tried USB? Your best bet is to post this in the windows forum...these seems like a software problem...not hardware based since the keyboard and mouse and most likely mobo are working fine.

Back