• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No mini itx boards for Ryzen yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I was thinking recently how cool it would be to have a mini ITX built around Ryzen but no motherboards in that format are available yet. Anybody seen a time table for that?

For whatever reason they used X370 not the X300 which is intended for the form factor... probably as the latter isn't anywhere to be seen yet and they wanted to get out early.

The bigger Ryzen chips seem to compete with the X99/Haswells in the workstation arena. It may be a while before anyone bothers with much of a mini ITX selection as they may not believe the market is large enough.

There is B350GTN and X370GTN so 2 ITX boards and so far I haven't heard about any other ITX for Ryzen. Btw my X370GTN suppose to arrive tomorrow :)

As big as the new CPU is, I would think there would be no room for anything else on that small MB :rofl::chair:

They could add M.2 slot on the back but there is nothing. Still if you don't need M.2 and use only 1 gfx card then it's as good as full ATX boards. Most other features are the same. Even X370 is quite poor chipset.

edit:
my mistake, there is M.2 slot on the back of the board, don't know how I missed it

edit2:
just got the Biostar X370GTN :)

Last edited:
Back