• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No More Power-On by PS2 Keyboard Ctrl+Esc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveMcKeen

Registered
Hello,

In my past three Builds with Asus motherboards I could go into the BIOS at Advanced > APM and choose to power the PC on by Ctrl+Esc with a PS2 keyboard attached. Now, with an Asus Maximus X Hero in my proposed build, there is no longer a PS2 connection in the rear I/O panel and nothing in the manual about power-on from the keyboard in Advanced > APM.

Is there a way to power-on from the keyboard with these newer motherboards?

Thanks, - Dave

My experience is that PS2 keyboards are not supported well by newer hardware and newer operating systems. Sometimes they just quit functioning altogether on Win 10 systems that still have PS2 ports. You can still use PS2 keyboards if you get an active adapter but there will probably not be full support as there has been in the past. Bios and driver issues I imagine.

There should still be a Power On by keyboard setting, and mouse, too. The USB Type 'C' port is always powered, if there is an option to have a USB 2.0 or 3.0 always on that should do it.

This is why I prefer picmg and other IP system, rocking a mechanical AT keyboarded with a skylake system and not one problem.

There should still be a Power On by keyboard setting, and mouse, too. The USB Type 'C' port is always powered, if there is an option to have a USB 2.0 or 3.0 always on that should do it.
I second this, also set try setting your usb ports to use 5vsb if you dont have a always on setting. This may require changing a junper setting.

Back