• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No post at 2133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zebucity

Registered
Hi fellas,

I have installed TridentX 2400 10-12-12-31 on a GA-990FXA-UD5 on Dimm 1 and 2. I can't post if on 2133 with stock latencies and voltage.

Research indicates the UD5 can support up to 25xx RAM.

Any thoughts?

I had problems w/ auto settings using 2133... I had to manually adjust voltage to 1.65 to run higher than 1600... Different board/chip but hopefully something to try.

Have you tried clearing CMOS/BIOS and re-entering your settings?

Have you tried just 1 stick of memory?

Can't help but think we need an AMD guy in here; haven't touched AMD since 939 days...

Hi fellas,

I have installed TridentX 2400 10-12-12-31 on a GA-990FXA-UD5 on Dimm 1 and 2. I can't post if on 2133 with stock latencies and voltage.

Research indicates the UD5 can support up to 25xx RAM.

Any thoughts?

Designed for 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors and Z77 platform.

Was the first thing I read about these sticks lol. Means little to me really, but never the less....

The AMD IMC does not like that memory divider and you may be required to over-volt the ram to get it to post. Try giving the ram a bump in voltage at 2133 same timing set you've been using above and see how it goes. Just try a little voltage at a time.

On AMD you have to bump CPU-NB voltage for higher clocks. Try something like 1.35V. Also some IC are not working good with 990FX boards.
Can also try high tRFC like 300 or more relaxed main timings.
Other thing is that max memory clock for 990FX is 1866... everything above is counted as overclocking so it's not guaranteed.

Back