• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No signal to DVI lcd during boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subconcept

I have looked up a bunch of info on this problem and it seems quite common, but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere.

I have a Apple 23" Cinema display connected to my Radeon x700 video card's DVI port. The screen receives no signal during bootup until Windows launches at the loging screen. The monitor works fine once I get to this stage.

Anyone know how I can get a signal during the bootup stage, really annoying for when I need to go into the bios setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe the Apple Cinema Display just doesn't support 640x480 or 800x600 (whatever the BIOS Resolution is) via DVI? Mac's don't have a BIOS afterall, right? And I know that someone using a $1000 display wouldn't be using 800x600 on the desktop... What happens if you set your desktop to 800x600? Can the Apple display it?

The Dells sem to work fine at BIOS resolutions, and cost less ;)

:cool:

I thought it might just have to do with my video card. I'd be willing to shell out for a new one if I knew I could get it to work since I didn't invest much in the one I have now. As a side note this ATi control centre software has to be the worst thing I have ever used so I wouldn't be opposed to go the nvidia route. It displays 800x600 fine, but just in the centre of the screen.

Opted to go with the Cinema Display over the Dell since I do design (print) work so colour is very important. Dell = not swop certified. And as an added bonus the cinema display looks much nicer and I use it frequently with my Powerbook.

Back