• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No video saw the bios 1 time now nothing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawnmcc

I just got a new motherboard amd fx gigabyte. The computer restarted once then it showed no video. I turned it off then on again I saw the bios screen. I turned it off again and installed both video cards and plugged all the fans in. Now there is no video. I did not actually enter the bios when I saw the screen. Just said the logo. Now I unplugged everything I put in there just the 2 sticks of memory and no second video card with a cpu fan. So what could be the cause of the video issue. Its obviously not the video card I saw video coming from it.

Recheck your connections, clear the cmos, and see what happens. Additional system specs would help.

I checked the connections reseated the memory the power supply connections. Cleared the cmos. I have a cooler master 1000 w. CPU AMD|4-CORE FX-4300 3.8G, MB GBT|GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ (Rev.4.0) , All of them just got. GTX 470 for video card which is confirmed to work based on the bios showing one time. The motherboard was sent back once. This one is new.

Thanks for your help so far. My power supply just kicked it. Its completely dead now.

Wish they were all so easy! Glad you figured it out.

The worse part is it smells like plastic that is melted. So hopefully it didn't damage my hardware.

Look for bulging caps on your mob, video card. Also look for scorch marks on both. What psu was it?

cooler master gold 1000w I found bulging caps in the power supply none on my motherboard or video card.

You don't need a 1k watt psu. 650 watts is more than enough. I'd also invest in a ups.

Get an Antec, Corsair or Seasonic. Those companies make solid PSUs on a consistent basis.

Back