• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Work...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klear

No CUDA or CPU work to be done across all 4 of my machines. How is everyone else doing in terms of getting work?

As of now I cannot even connect to the servers. The cricket graph looks good and the servers appear to be up and running. I have no idea why it won't connect.

Edit: I connected, but now project has no work :(

1 of my pc has a few days left of work. this one i am mposting from has about 24 hours of cpu work, and 8 hours of gpu work.

i dont understand y seti always has such issues. you would figure that after this many years of running, they would iron out all the bugs. but no it appears that at least 2x a month they have server issues, not counting the weekly down time on tuesday....

Well it is mostly because they rely on donations only to fund new equipment. I guess they do ok but more is always helps.

I haven't donated myself so I suppose that's something I will have to think about doing.

Well it is mostly because they rely on donations only to fund new equipment. I guess they do ok but more is always helps.

I haven't donated myself so I suppose that's something I will have to think about doing.

This.
Also, computers get faster and more and more users are requesting work. The demand on their equipment never goes down. If they ever get the system completely caught up with the demand, the demand will just go up in a couple of months.

demand shouldnt matter too much as they can increase the rezolution of the crunching. they have done this a couple times before. as computers get faster and they gain more users, they just increase the work on each work unit, making it take longer to complete.

My cache is set to 10 days so that I can keep crunching thru these types of outages. I'm not out yet and I'll be checking the project forums when I get home tonight and pounding the try again button to get uploaded.

Current rules stop downloads if you have more than a few units that need to be uploaded. So the uploads have to get done first.

Yeah. My cache is set to 10 days, but I have never been able to get that much work downloaded for my new upgrade in the last 3 weeks....

Yeah. My cache is set to 10 days, but I have never been able to get that much work downloaded for my new upgrade in the last 3 weeks....

A new machine that is optimized or includes GPU crunchers will not receive a true 10 day cache of work. Instead you will initially receive 10 days of work for the unoptimized cpu. Over time as the machine RAC increases your cache size will grow, but this won't happen until the work is validated by your wingmen.

Back