• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noise issue...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xeltos

Hey guys I am not an Overclocker to be speaking. I used to OC my CPU by 15% max...

But my PC broke. and for a while I am here using an old box.
AMD: Phenom2 Duel core. 2 gig of ram.

For some weeks The fan makes horrible noise. Its spinning at top while doing light stuffs like web browsing. if I am talking on phone the person on other side asks what the hell the racket is all about.

So I downloaded speed fan and that gave me this reading. But I dont know what to make of it.
(Forget the HDD temp reading. while moving a loose hdd fell on top of other. hence got heat up. fixed that now.)

please help.
33c40eu.jpg

I dont get what the Temp 3 is about and why is it so damn high.
Also before the CPU did not get so hot Nowadays it does for no reason.
I have No viruses or nothing hogging down the CPU.
Motherboard is Gigabyte : MA74GMT-S2

have you tried cleaning out the computer, blowing all the dust out. I can't see any images that may have been attached to that post as I am at work but if it is indeed an older computer it may just need a good cleaning.

have you tried cleaning out the computer, blowing all the dust out. I can't see any images that may have been attached to that post as I am at work but if it is indeed an older computer it may just need a good cleaning.

Yes I have tried it... Strange that you can not see the Image in the post. Its right there.
Wait I will post the image link.
Direct link
http://i58.tinypic.com/33c40eu.jpg

Get some TIM and remount the CPU cooler.
Also, what case is this in? Seems like you need a fair bit more airflow through the case.

I can't see the image because I am at work and certain hosting sites are blocked. You can upload the image directly to this site and that will ensure that everyone can see it, or you can go along business as usual.

Get some TIM and remount the CPU cooler.
Also, what case is this in? Seems like you need a fair bit more airflow through the case.
I did do that. Applied thermal paste and remounred the fan. But no avail.

My case is open. Airflow is not an issue.

I did do that. Applied thermal paste and remounred the fan. But no avail.

My case is open. Airflow is not an issue.

Having it open might hamper airFLOW though.
Put a house fan so that it blows in the side of the case that's open, if that cools temps off then you need more flow.

Back