• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

non VIVO vs VIVO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenegg

Is it true that cards with VIVO doesn't OC as well as those without?

Like MSI ti4200 VTP and TD...the TD version OCs better?

Think thats because most of the VIVO cards are 128mb versions and they only use 4ns memory, whereas the non VIVO 64mb versions use 3.3ns or 3.5ns bga memory chips, which allow alot more overclockability!!

Correct me if i'm wrong, go on!...... someone,........ anyone!!!!!!!!

MDA.

I mean if they both are 128 mb versions and use the same memory chips?

In that case, I don't think so! My cards got VIVO and im getting good results from stock cooling (see sig).

MDA

thanks for the welcome :D

I don't think there's a difference also, but does anyone know for sure?

vivo or no vivo has no effect on overclockability as long as the ram is rated the same

cisco kid

thanks, that's what I thought....only asked because I saw some people say VIVO versions don't OC as well.

part of it may be that non-vivo cards are like 10,000 % more popular than vivo. so you see lots more people overclocking non-vivo's and getting awesome results and such. also, in the case of the radeon 8500 dv they put ****ty ram on the card and made it worse than the normal 8500, so that might be part of the myth too. but like cisco said, as long as its the same ram and all it should be the same overclocking ability as well.

Back