• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NOOB AUDIO HARDWARE QUESTION

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Alright... wow.... the saga continues.

The subwoofer I bought stopped working. It's the damnedest thing because it was perfect for 24 hours, and now it wont play any sound at all. I tried each input, and nadda. So I just called the vendor and they gave me a full refund.

Also, I've found that my receiver's passthrough does not allow digital (spdif) to analog (RCA) conversion. It doesn't seem possible to relay the SPDIF to my logitec speakers in any way.

this sucks

Well, now I feel bad for the recommendation. Sorry about that. :(

no worries - got my money back, and I just ordered a different sub from amazon.
I also ordered a sound card that can output to spdif and 3.5 simultaneously. That should take care of all of my issues.

no worries - got my money back, and I just ordered a different sub from amazon.
I also ordered a sound card that can output to spdif and 3.5 simultaneously. That should take care of all of my issues.

Yeh usually from my experience the only receivers/amplifiers that have spdif input directly are for Home cinema systems. A general audio receiver usually requires a separate DAC (digital to analogue converter) to receive the signal.

Can’t you just plug a 3.5 jack into the motherboards soundcard or is that not an option?

Polk is the shizzle for speakers. A $70 80watt sub to those is a crime. May as well use earplugs or buy a drum. I don't even want to know what you upgraded to lol

Back