• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob overclock bulldozer, need help and memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydroshocker

been running my bulldozer 8150 at 4.5 ghz for about 4 hours with no errors except one core has error. If I turn the voltage up any higher I loose internet. I have an Asrock Extreme 4 990 fx. Also My memory is 1866 but I do not know how to get it to run besides 1600 and I have tried the automated settings for 1866 in uefi but then I have no video after reboot. I'm pretty sure I do not know WTF I'm doing anymore or had in the first place but I can get my cpu to run 24/7 at 4.3 ghz but I want 4.5!! any help would be awesome!:confused:

1. Take a look at the bottom of this post where my 'signature' is located. We need to know specifics and n0t generalities about the parts that make up your computer system.

2. We need to see captured images of CPUz showing the CPU TAB, the Memory TAB and the SPD tab which are across the top of CPUz.

3. We also need to see a screen capture of 'freeware' HWMonitor from CPUID com showing the CPU temps and Core temps.

4. You should download and run Prime 95 in Blend Mode with HWMonitor open on the desktop so it can LOG the Min/Max Temps and Voltages and then post up the screen captures as mentioned above. So we can visually 'see' what appears to be happening.

5. DON'T KNOW if you are one of those with later 990FX type motherboards that are now beginning to show errors with the NICs when overclocked but I have seen users writing reviews for your model motherboard writing customer reviews at NewEgg with your NIC problem. It is a new problem and not an OLD one it seems. So you likely need to contact Tech Support at Asrock about that issue.

6. Your RAM which we have no idea about may not be ram that plays well at DDR1866 or it may not setup well by AUTO means and needs manual adjustment for use at DDR1866. Again your first post leaves huge gaps of specific information for use in really helping you.

Need to get specifics to us. Be well.

To create a signature, click on Quick Links at the top of the page and Edit Signature. You may have to wait up to one hour after making your second post in order to have access to this feature as the forum is set up that way to cut down on spammers.

There is a built in forum tool for attaching images with your posts. First, use Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories to crop and save the image to disc. Then click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of any new post window and that will bring up the Advanced post mode. Click on the little paperclip icon at the top and that will load the file browser/upload tool and the rest will be obvious.

Have you stress-tested your overclock with Prime95 blend? If not, you need to do so to make sure you are truly stable. You need to be able to pass the blend test for at least 2 hours to conclude you are truly stable. Always have HWMonitor open on the desktop when you are doing this to monitor core and CPU temps (the latte may show up as one of the TMPINx lines in the HWMonitor interface). Don't let the CPU temps exceed 70c for the safety of the processor. Coret temp readings on the FX CPUs tend to be inaccurate as they typically read about 10-15c too cool.

Back