• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob, some help. Thanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Romeomafia

Hello guys, Noob guy here when it comes to all this OC stuff..anybody can direct me on where to start.. here are my issue.

attached is a picture of my hardware. When i run black desert online (mmorpg) my package temperature is about 70c+ is that ok? regular is 45-55c.

I wanted to OC to increase the FPS in the game. since i don't know the advance stuff of OC..I went to the basic tuning. default is about 34 cpu and cache around the same amount..I tried to increase it to 60s.. but when i click on apply on the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, my pc restarts in a forced shutdown type of way and starts up normally with no changes.

I'm assuming the basic tuning is an overall increase on most to all areas of OC...instead of specific like advanced OC.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I can't see anything in the attached picture at all. As ATM said, please post full system specs!

Hello guys, Noob guy here when it comes to all this OC stuff..anybody can direct me on where to start.. here are my issue.

attached is a picture of my hardware. When i run black desert online (mmorpg) my package temperature is about 70c+ is that ok? regular is 45-55c.

I wanted to OC to increase the FPS in the game. since i don't know the advance stuff of OC..I went to the basic tuning. default is about 34 cpu and cache around the same amount..I tried to increase it to 60s.. but when i click on apply on the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, my pc restarts in a forced shutdown type of way and starts up normally with no changes.

I'm assuming the basic tuning is an overall increase on most to all areas of OC...instead of specific like advanced OC.

Thanks in advance.

You must have eyes like a eagle or hawk to read that small font size :rofl: help the rest of us read it, BIGGER FONTS :rofl::chair:

Sorry guys lol, thank you for replying I'm at work at the moment. Will upload a better pic later. A brief summary is,

Intel i7 5820, 32gb ddr4, 2x msi 970, msi x99s sli plus MOBO. H100 cooling is on its way ordered it recently. On standby of temp is 30-40c and load is about 67-75c when running Black Desert online on max. A high end pc game. My monitor is Seiki Pro 40" 4K. Fps on max is 20-50. Not sure is because of he 4K resolution. Goes up slightly when lowering to 2k.

Thanks in advance. I'll upload a better pic later.

Ok hope this helps. Thanks everyone..I uploaded a new Picture.

Quick question, my friend stated that the tech is not there yet for mmorpg 4k..to get a good fps regardless of hardware. only way to play at full power is to lower the resolution below 4k...anybody can enlighten me on this? thanks.

Last edited:
Your problem at 4K can be the vRAM on the 970s. You have plenty of horsepower, but need to be careful of your settings and crossing the 970's 3.5GB of fast ram limit.

It depends on the title and its coding as well as your hardware. You have plenty of CPU, particularly when overclocked. But to make a blanket statement like that, likely isn't true. You can lower settings, disable AA, etc and still play at 4K.

Back