• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northbridge cooling mounting holes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fred3

I've been trying to find spec's for Northbridge coolers. I've only run into a couple of these and knowing the mounting hole spacing is never mentioned. It just seems either "it has holes" or it "doesn't have holes".

Well, if it has holes, then is spaciing a standard? I had an MSI board where I *estimated* the spacing to be 45mm from pictures. Now I have a Gigabyte board and have measured the spacing to be 52mm. Is 52mm=2.047" a standard spacing then?

It seems odd that the hole spacing wouldn't be mentioned. So, that at least implies they are "all" the same.

What can anyone tell me please?

I've always naturally assumed that they were standard. But we know what happens when we assume. I believe they also make adjustable mounts for them kind of like what they have for NB water blocks

It's not an unreasonable assumption in that many heatsinks are offered with *fixed* holes. In fact, I've not found/seen any with adjustable hole spacing .. but that's why I'm here asking. I don't have lots of experience with these parts. How many have you dealt with?

Back