• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton Ghost not deleting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fgf80

I have a Norton Ghost image, and frankly it takes up too much space. I cannot delete it, rather I use "delete" in the filemenu, del in CMD, eraser, or even Eraser. I can boot into linux and delete it, I think, but what can I do right now? I need the space, it cannot be compressed. Even if it could be, I couldn't delete the original, and I am busy transferring to another hard drive.

Can anyone help me?

Please and thank you. :)

It turns out it is some kind of file system error. It is formatted as FATex, but it reads as CDFS. Windows will not scan it, and I cannot copy the files dependably such as to simply delete it and repartition.

Okay: but for future reference

I was able to clone the partition. It was listed as "unformatted", not CDFS, but for some reason it was read-only. It indicated that it was full, but it wasn't. The size was correct. The cloned partition was also flawed, but it was stable enough to delete the original, reformat as NTFS, and copy everything back. How can I prevent that in the future?

please and thank you.

Back