• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not all FX are created equal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johan45

Benching Team Leader Super Moderator
Got messing around and just wanted to put this out there for people who are OC'ng the FX8350. I know that the reviews will say it'll OC to 5.0 but is it stable. My FX has been difficult all along and really loves it's juice. Here's a pic at almost 4.9

almost 4900.JPG

I figured that C_D would appreciate the 1.584 V_core that it takes to keep this pig stable'
I really must give a hats off to the guys at Thermaltake. I'm surprised at how much heat this AIO cooler can handle. That shot was taken after 40 minutes of prime95 then I started to get a little chicken and shut it down. :chair:

U are dead on "Johan". They are NOT nearly all equal. C_D got over that sledge hammer Vcore to get his FX-8350 above 4.9Ghz and he has been now in the 5.0 to 5.4Ghz territory but he says one day it will boot windows and run and the next time he fires it up, the thing is a cripple. The only times I have seen that was just a cpu that was not primo. But who can really say? I cannot.

There is one thing for sure though and that is your tweaking has made that pig sit up and squeel on down the cpu Mhz highway.
RGone...ster.

Johan, I can attest to the huge jump in Cpu V when trying for those big clocks. I'll have to look in my BIOS to see what my Voltage is at, at 5.1. I do remember thinking I had a chip that just wouldn't do 5.0 because I just kept raising the voltage and it wouldn't get stable. I was finally able to find it after feeling like I was nuking it.

Ya just crazy how much power this thing sucks up.Just FYI I'm getting ready to best you in the aquamark contest. Need about 500 more. :sn:

EDIT: How does 275401 grab ya

Last edited:
Reading this got me thinking I couldn't remember what it took for me to get to 5GHZ ..... took a bit of digging n old posts but here it is.

Prime%20Styable%205GHZ.png

This is prime stable 2.5 hours I just didn't feel like torturing this beast farther.

These things are hungry alright. They're pretty tough too. I did a bench this morning at 5418 with 1.608 + V-core. I say plus since I had the LLC on extreme and that usually adds about ,02v to the core under load. I didn't have HWmonitor open cause I didn't want to know. :chair:

These things are hungry alright. They're pretty tough too. I did a bench this morning at 5418 with 1.608 + V-core. I say plus since I had the LLC on extreme and that usually adds about ,02v to the core under load. I didn't have HWmonitor open cause I didn't want to know. :chair:

Caddi would be proud of you ....... MORE VCORE ...... :chair:

Well I am out of here first breaky and then off to make some money have a delivery for some doctor from BC to do. Seems he bought a cottage up here and ordered some toys for his family.

That wouldn't be Dr. Feelgood by chance would it? He is in BC after all! :rofl:

Caddi would be proud of you ....... MORE VCORE ...... :chair:

I knew he'd like that. Mandrake told me how to shut off the CPU monitor so I could give it more juice!!

Last edited:
That wouldn't be Dr. Feelgood by chance would it? He is in BC after all! :rofl:

I knew he'd like that. Mandrake told me how to shut off the CPU monitor so I could give it more juice!!

CPU Monitor? :shrug:

Turn off CPU Monitor :salute:

Give it the Special C_D approved Vcore. :rofl:

No RIP of parts seen in your near future. :grouphug:

RGone...:bang head:bump:

You never know my next box of CrackerJacks might be the winner :clap::comp:

I know I was pushing it but that AquaMark only lasts a couple minutes. And I did show some restraint, when I was trying for the 5.5 I had it set at 1.625 it would boot but as soon as I tried to do anything even sign in it would crash so I stopped. :mad:

I figured my luck would only last so long :rofl::rofl:

hehehehe ..... nope not doctor feelgood just some guy with more money then he knows what to do with. Just delivered 4 sea doo's on a custom trailer 2 kayak and 2 canoes. I don't usually work weekends but with the house sold and am about to be homeless ...... figures the one place I really wanted would come off the market 1 week before I sold mine and they cant find it in the system ..... seems they cant find where the bank sent it too, so Ill be living here and there for a bit till we find it or something else.

Aw man that's lame. You'd think the reals estate guy would have some record?

Yes he is looking and calling contacts. This is a power of sale .... foreclosure ..... the bank has tried to turn it over to CMCH. Right now it is in never never land nobody seems to know where it went. It will show up at some point ...... who knows when. :bang head

In the mean time I am out of here on the 15th though I do have a place to stay till I can move into something new ........ :shock: :rain:

That's good. I woulda put you up, got lots of room now the kids are gone.

Thanks for the thought ...... between me and Tina we have it covered. The hardest part for the next bit till I get settled I'll just have my laptop. Gotta soon start packing up this stuff.

Back