• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not sure of the settings to use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

Me and my friend are building the same system (well actually he just finished his) he told me the other day that he managed to overclock his athlon 64 3000 without a problem to 3200 specs, and hes using kingston pc3500 ram, im new too the whole overclocking deal, and im curious as to whether or not the cooling im gona be using will be enough and what settings do you reccomend i use when i get this thing all up and running (specs of new comp in sig)

Cooling available...

2 120mm speed controlled fans
retail athlon 64 heatsink
artic silver 5 polysynthetic silver compound (or ceramique, i have a tube of that also, whatever u think is better)
PNY aluminum heatsink w/ one really small little fan (on geforce4)

Generally the retail heatsink will not be good for anything except stock speed, or slight overclocking. An aftermarket heatsink is the best idea.

Basically you want to increase the bus speed to increase CPU speed. As you do this your RAM will also be running faster and PC3500 or PC4000 RAM may help to remove RAM as a possible bottleneck and thus attain a faster CPU speed.

Back