• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not sure these temps are right.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrackinDomes

Registered
Whats up guys. Been cruising the boards last couple days. Seen some useful stuff posted around here so figured hey why not I will join the forums.

So just purchased my new 8350 and a MSI 990FXA-GD80.

Little concerned with how my temps are reading out or if it is even normal.

Sitting at 4.6 trying to get it up above that and push the chip even more Had my old chip which was a 965 BE clocked at 4.0.

As stated just curious about these current temps.

My room did get mighty cold the other night during its idle time and this is what it recorded:
86134100.png

6+~15=~21, so about 70-75 degrees F on the core. If it got real cold, I can see how that can happen at idle. What are you cooling it with? Your high temps are pretty nice too.

Full system Spec:

Processor - AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor @4.6GHz, w/ Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling
Motherboard - MSI 990FXA-GD80 AM3+
Power Supply - Ultra 750watt Modular 80 Bronze Cert
Memory - 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaw X @1333mhz
Hard Drives - Corsair Force Series GT - 60 GB SSD(Boot Drive) / Seagate Barracuda - 750 GB(Primary Storage) Internal / Seagate Barracuda - 1.5 TB (Back up Storage/ Primary Storage) External / Western Digital - 500 GB Caviar Blue (Back up Storage/ Primary Storage)
Graphic Cards - AMD Radeon HD 6850(Dual Fan) / AMD Radeon HD 5770(Single Fan)
Monitors - 3 ASUS LED 2ms monitor's Eyefinity(5760x1080) 60Hz - 2 monitor's(1 Dell, 1 HP) (1680x1050) 60Hz
Soundcard - Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio),
Speakers/Headphones - Sony 5.1/Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
Keyboards - Basic Blue LED Keyboard
Mouse - Logitech G9 Laser Mouse
Mouse Pad - Steelseries Qck+
Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Case - Custom Nxzt Gaming Case(2 Green Cathodes(12 Inch), 2 Blue Cathodes(12 Inch), 5 Blue LED Fans(3 120mm, 2 140mm), 3 Other Case Fans(2 120mm, 1 140mm), Blue LED Feet, Blue Wire Sleeving

Last edited:
Also would like to know what all options should I disable to get the best OC. Lot of extra options on my New 990 then my 870a Fuzion had.

Also would like to know what all options should I disable to get the best OC. Lot of extra options on my New 990 then my 870a Fuzion had.

MSI and AMD have been such a poor fit for the last couple of years so we have seen very very few MSI boards here in the AMD CPU section. That means as a whole I suspect we have little information about what is in the bios and like I said few of us have had an AMD MSI board.

You have a 4.6Ghz clock with 1.43Vcore under load so it looks like most everything is close to correct for the speed you have on the CPU. You don't really have to 'turn' things off to go faster, you just need more voltage to the CPU and that voltage should not cause the temps to go beyond 60c on the Cores and 70c on the CPU reading in HWMonitor.

MSI and AMD have been such a poor fit for the last couple of years so we have seen very very few MSI boards here in the AMD CPU section. That means as a whole I suspect we have little information about what is in the bios and like I said few of us have had an AMD MSI board.

You have a 4.6Ghz clock with 1.43Vcore under load so it looks like most everything is close to correct for the speed you have on the CPU. You don't really have to 'turn' things off to go faster, you just need more voltage to the CPU and that voltage should not cause the temps to go beyond 60c on the Cores and 70c on the CPU reading in HWMonitor.

What I should have said was along the line of in ex: Cool n Quiet, C1E, Etc. Which options should I have turned off. I know sometimes those options conflict with OCing.

I set my voltages and Windows Power options correctly and turning off Cool N Quiet does not affect my max overclock. You can turn off CnQ, C1E, C6, APM, and anything else 'greenish' in the bios and set windows power mode to "performance" that would/should bypass all perceived hinderances.

I set my voltages and Windows Power options correctly and turning off Cool N Quiet does not affect my max overclock. You can turn off CnQ, C1E, C6, APM, and anything else 'greenish' in the bios and set windows power mode to "performance" that would/should bypass all perceived hinderances.

Thank you much that was the answer I was looking for. Loving this forum board.

Back