• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Not sure where to get relacement screws

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGreySpectre

So I am moving an old AM2+ board into a HTPC Case. The problem I have is that the current heatsink, (a thermalright Ultra 120) is too tall and will not fit in the case.

I have a stock heatsink laying around that should work however I am missing the 4 screws that connect the plastic plate that the heatsink clips to to the plate behind the motherboard. Does anyone know what size the screws are or where to get them?

Thanks

PS if people are confused as to what screws I am talking about let me know and I will post pictures later on today

First, I'd measure how long the screws need to be, then I would just take the part with the screw holes to Lowe's or Home Depot and just try different thread sizes until you get you that fits.

First, I'd measure how long the screws need to be, then I would just take the part with the screw holes to Lowe's or Home Depot and just try different thread sizes until you get you that fits.

This is a good start. If they don't have the screws, most independent hardware stores have some special drawers with special screws, just ask a clerk. If all else fails, there is a large fastener company or two in Phoenix that could help you, Copper State Fasteners being the largest. Call them if you get stuck.

Back