• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 7800 GS OC - System Restarting (Help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d1rekt

Registered
I downloaded the F.E.A.R demo and it will let me play it some of the way through but it always ends up with the screen going black and the PC restarting. I just installed this 7800 GS OC from BFG the night before last. Any solutions? I know it cant be heat because I have purchased a 4800RPM fan that really circulates the air. I felt it when the PC restarted and the air was of room temp. not even warm. Same for the new Power Supply.

Question: How do I keep my PC from restarting while playing FEAR?

Question: Could it be the game?

Thanks in advance!

Nope just the F.E.A.R demo. I'm playing Counter-Strike Source and HL2 at highest settings fine.

had a similar problem as you, with my 6800gs, with fear demo to, got the full version it was fine, i thinks its something with demo.

why dont you just buy the full version of the game? Im sure it has to be the demo if thats the only thing causing problems

Back