• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Announces GeForce GTX 1060

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Good Morning to all!

Today I come bearing the news of imminent arrival of the GTX 1060. NVIDIA has announced this GPU will be available on July 19th, starting at an MSRP of $249 (Founders Edition $299). Performance is being compared to the GTX 980 which, at the price and power (120 W), is quite a solid graphics card!

Click here to view the article.

1060 whaaaat?

The projected specs look pretty good, especially considering the low price.
Here's my prediction: MSRP $249 actual retail price: $399

The projected specs look pretty good, especially considering the low price.
Here's my prediction: MSRP $249 actual retail price: $399

I highly doubt we will see 399. I could imagine 350 for the higher end cards. Most I'd bet will be around 300.

Reference cards will be ~$250, reference w/ a cooler (e.g. EVGA ACX) will be ~$260-270, custom PCB cards (e.g. EVGA FTW, ASUS Strix, etc) will be ~$280-300.
There will be a select few, as there always are, pulling almost 1070 prices.

Hello Overclockers.com account that wasnt online for about 10 years!

I dont know how this card will perform like a 980 cause the 1070 falls behind 980ti, So the 1060 will probably fall behind 980 too, Hope for Nvidia they get it right this time saying it'll perform like 980

Why did they disable SLI for the GTX 1060? They allowed it for the GTX 960.

Why did they disable SLI for the GTX 1060? They allowed it for the GTX 960.

My guess is for something that rhymes with honey. Although I agree with you, I'm a bit surprised as well.

I imagine the majority of people that utilize a multi-gpu configuration do so with the two highest available configurations (970/980 then later 980ti). The development time to utilize a multi-gpu configuration generally isn't worth the effort so maybe by streamlining the cards further than support it they can better support the configurations? Or more than likely, 'if you want multi-gpu - buy 1070+'

starting to think the rumored 3gb model is a cutdown 1060 that will be marketed as a 1050, which imo will compete price-wise head to head with the RX480 and probably have similar performance.

That would make sense as lower models are sometimes cut back higher models. But they aren't going to call it a 1050 with ONLY cutting back on the vRAM. There will be cut down cuda cores/rops/tmu's, etc.

That would make sense as lower models are sometimes cut back higher models. But they aren't going to call it a 1050 with ONLY cutting back on the vRAM. There will be cut down cuda cores/rops/tmu's, etc.

thats what i was implying. Meant "cutdown 1060" as everything on it would be cutdown, pretty much.

The commenters make some pretty good points, and several back them up. It's uncommon for everyone to call BS. Even NV fanboys are a no show. Wow.

You can just never trust leaked benchmarks, same thing happened with the rx 480, a few benchmarks popped up claiming it was faster than the 980, then another claimed it was better than the fury x, and it turned out just to be on par with a 970

Looking at nvidia early slides and comparison to GTX980, GTX1060 should be about as fast as GTX1070 :p ... but really it should be at least slightly faster than RX480 as I doubt it will be slower than GTX970. I'm not sure if 25% faster than RX480 isn't too much but 10% can be real. We will find out in couple of days.

Back