• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia cards low availability again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JeremyCT

I would think with BTC and other coins being more volatile the market for these cards might cool a bit. But it seems there's been a run on them since late November. Is this a demand issue or a supply issue, anybody know?

I'd like to pick up a newer card for my gaming rig, but everything is either expensive or unavailable.

Bah, the double fronted attack? ********.

EDIT - I can't even use that word?? Man.

The hype isn't over yet. I did see a brief lull in pricing just before Christmas, presumably as everyone was broke from other things, but we're back to silly pricing again now.

If anyone in the UK is having problems with finding 1070's, blame my nephew. He's jumping on the bandwagon big time, think he's bought about 10 cards in the last couple weeks. I tried to warn him he might never need heating ever again... BTW he's a bit of a wannabe "investor". He got duped by classic pump and dumps in the past, and I haven't managed to steer him off nicehash yet... still, he does have the cash to throw around on things like this. Be afraid.

ROI for these overpriced cards must take a while. The BTC line isn't looking good recently either.

ROI for these overpriced cards must take a while. The BTC line isn't looking good recently either.

Well its if the cards are very low but in stock they are overpriced. If its a reputable place, when they get cards back in its back to mostly normal prices but you got to jump on them ASAP before they are gone. But even then ROI on some of these things is pretty low expecially if building a full out mining rig. 3-4 months and your paid up and ready for true profits.

Back