• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia GTS 250 too hot at 100 celsius

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm pretty sure, if I understand correctly, that he has a desk with an enclosure for the computer, and when he puts the computer outside of this enclosure his temps go down, as would be expected. I believe he then is referring to taking off the side panel and the temps going down further.

I'm pretty sure, if I understand correctly, that he has a desk with an enclosure for the computer, and when he puts the computer outside of this enclosure his temps go down, as would be expected. I believe he then is referring to taking off the side panel and the temps going down further.

yeah thats what i meant.....enclosure...<< didnt knew the word sry for not understanding me :p

ok so..now with the door opened and a house fan aimed to the card...and in Metro 2033 i get like 72-75 i think and without the fan 74-79 degrees

Last edited:
74-79 is more acceptable. Wait a minute... just to make sure, that's under full load in furmark or something right? Not idle?
If that's still the idle temp then it has to be a TIM issue. Are you sure the fans are spinning? Really hoping those aren't idle temps :p

74-79 is more acceptable. Wait a minute... just to make sure, that's under full load in furmark or something right? Not idle?
If that's still the idle temp then it has to be a TIM issue. Are you sure the fans are spinning? Really hoping those aren't idle temps :p

no not idle ...in Metro 2033 :p

Ah, that's about right.
In furmark is it about the same? Furmark completely burns my GPU (up to 84 degrees, 25% fan speed) but my temps only go up to about 71 in Metro 2033 :p

Ah, that's about right.
In furmark is it about the same? Furmark completely burns my GPU (up to 84 degrees, 25% fan speed) but my temps only go up to about 71 in Metro 2033 :p

in furmark what? benchmark or stability? and in metro u have 71 with 25 % fan speed?oO

I always just go for the benchmark and set it for 600000000 seconds. Just let it run for about an hour :p

And yup 71 with 25%. Thought it wasn't correct but after using a thermal sensor on the actual chip I can confirm that the readings were correct.
I do have my case right by an open window to be fair so the ambient temp is down at like 17 degrees :p Oh also an amazingly good airflow.

heh well yeah with good airflow i saw ur case... like 4-5 vents and near the window...xD i didnt tought about the airflow and vents when i took mine 9 months ago (i saw that "big" vent 120 mm :)) and i said oh good and if i put 1 more it will be enough but i cant put any on the sides...) more than that it was the best looking case that i coulded buy from my town i didnt wanted to wait for an internet request

Back