• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old EVGA 8800GT 512mb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MSIFreak1992

Ohkay, first off wanna introduce myself im new here Im Daniel aka MSIFreak1992 and im in need of a little help / opinion(s)? lol
anyways here it goes
so i just built this new system
specs
Intel i3 4130 (3.4Ghz) Cpu
8GB Ram (DDR3 1600)
120GB SSD (Kingston)
and of course i obviously have an old EVGA 8800GT 512MB card in here, so im also waiting arriving today (a AMD R9 280x 3 GB) witch is going to be here today, ohaky so anyways problem/question number 1:
ohkay as you can see on gpuz my stock specs for this card (OVERCLOCKED THREW THE BIOS) (SO NOW ITS NEW STOCK)
740Mhz/1000Mhz/1750Mhz
Clock/Memory/Shadder
ok but on gpuz it reads the following
738/999/1728
i was using evga precision but also when i overclock threw that tool it doesnt aactully set it to the right mhz so if i choose 740 it also sets it at 738 as well (This was befor i BIOS overclocked it) no sure as to why thats doing that but i wanted some help figureing it out. Also, my voltage is also bios overclocked to 1.15volts stock i think is 1.1v or 1.05v
but as u can see in the picture i have ran gpu benchmarking test and its completly stable, and idk why intel stoped doing overclocking on the newer sockets such as 1155, 1150, and such but it sucks otherwise id be overclocking this i3 also, and btw for anyone that wants to know im playing BF4 on all low expect AA is at 4x and terrain detail is set to HIGH, and i get 50 - 60fps with this setup hard to believe with a dual core but after i read somthings these dual cores with HT kick but and even beat some of the amd 6cores and 8 cores in gaming!
but anyways, so thats my number one question, also 2nd is i cant find it anywhere online witch is why im asking on here, whats the max voltage safe for my GPU Card (8800GT)? i cant find it anywhere temps seem to be good when benching and gaming MAX 71c with stock cooler of course. and fan speed set at 75% so id like to up more voltage and see if i can get more out this card, its already above any overclock ive found on the web yet.
Highest ive seen is 730mhz/1000mhz like here
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245291-29-best-8800-overclocks

Also what do yall think about this thread/Overclock/Setup i have and what yall opinions are i would like to hear them! thanks!
1.jpg

Not sure I understand why all the work if you are replacing the card,

However, temp is the determining factor in safe voltage using ambient cooling,

the clocks are off as when you bump clocks they go up in increments, so hardly ever spot on and these increments vary from gen to gen

your i3 can be overclocked using bclk , obviously you are limited, but should be able to get a noticeable difference over stock.

hmm thanks witchdoctor great advice, and im on h81 platform right now :( so i dont think i can overclock at all :( man this sucks new mobo will be soon, im so used to having high end builds my last build was with a ivy 3570k, and i7 too, that was when it was first released then i sold cause i left for the army and other other things to attend to in life, but anyways, i just wanted to see what can get out of it that way maybe i can keep this card in my fx-6150 build since this i3 is better for gaming then the 6150. but i will check out the overclocking and did u say my temps were fine i know my max 105c. so how much room do i have? with voltage

Back