• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia GTX 470 with AMD 890FX Chipset?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VoX1090T

Registered
I know this may be a stupid question or probably already asked, I've searched but I found nothing definitive.

If I were to go with the BEST AMD board for the Phenom II x6 1090T and wanted to run my Geforce GTX 470 in it, would I be suffering bottlenecks? performance loss?

I've just always gone with Nvidia graphics, (ATI sucks, drivers are bloatware and enjoy crashing like a taliban fighter pilot) and nvidia chipsets. It always my rule for the past 8 years.

I don't care about SLI as I think it's a gimmick to get people to buy 2 or 3 of the card and the human eye can only see up to 60~70 FPS anyway.

Any compatibility issues by mixing nvidia graphics with AMD chipsets? Will I see better performance with my Thuban as well? :blah:

Thanks guys!

No problems with a single card, no.

Unless a game can use 6 cores, that thuban wont help over any other chip really.

As much as I hate SLI/Crossfire also, it has its place in the market. And while FPS increase is one of them, increasing the details and settings and AA to higher levels over a single card are its pluses.

Back