• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA Introduces The GTX TITAN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From what I've heard the 780 will be a much smaller refresh of the 680. Think 480 to 580, if we're lucky.

Again, they insist in putting a vapour chamber on it.

If 80degC is an important number i would like to see how one of these goes with an Arctic Accelero Extreme on it. They are almost silent at full speed and will keep my card below 65 even overvolted and overclocked.

This is a 5 year GPU, surely?

Those cost a lot more than a vapor chamber. Then you'd be looking at a $1050 card :D
Probably not dual slot, either.

I've been reading around with people complaining about the price tag. This card is a hybrid GTX and TESLA AIO. Its freakin amazing for cuda programmers etc who need tesla power and those who want to disable DP and start gaming. You can't take a typical GTX card and do the fast computations/work as a tesla does and you can't take a tesla as the GTX will outperform it in games. You basically got a Titan "Supercomputer" single GPU with the best of both worlds. I read everywhere with people freaking out about the price. This is a special card and not a top tier typical card from Nvidia in the $500/$600 range.

I think Nvidia released this to show that they still have it. meh

Last edited:
TBH $999 for a single card which tops everything...

not that expensive at all.
I am thinking this will be on par with GTX 690

I really like how the GTX Titan Logo lights up on the card. I always thought that was missing on the 6xx series. It would be nice to have it change color with load like the Matrix cards do.

TBH $999 for a single card which tops everything...

not that expensive at all.
I am thinking this will be on par with GTX 690
Tops everything but a card that cost the same and $200 less? I mean, we dont know anything outside of the rumors, so assuming that is true, it has been said that it cant beat a 690 or 7990 or 2 7970's or 2 680's.

Tops everything but a card that cost the same and $200 less? I mean, we dont know anything outside of the rumors, so assuming that is true, it has been said that it cant beat a 690 or 7990 or 2 7970's or 2 680's.

but I would bet it can easily beat a 680 or 7970 and come within 10% of a 690 or 7990 but with WAY more vram per core which is a complaint some people have with the current Dual GPU cards.

Also a TDP of 250W is lower than any other GPU combo with this much punch.

The performance per watt is going to be far better than anything else out there ATM. So SFF people who want big performance this is still going to be a great card. (Still a costly card :p)

but I would bet it can easily beat a 680 or 7970 and come within 10% of a 690 or 7990 but with WAY more vram per core which is a complaint some people have with the current Dual GPU cards.

Also a TDP of 250W is lower than any other GPU combo with this much punch.

The performance per watt is going to be far better than anything else out there ATM. So SFF people who want big performance this is still going to be a great card. (Still a costly card :p)

:thup:

It better spank a 680/7970 for that price! From the looks(rumors) of it, that card, is a great single GPU solution especially for those with 2560x1440+ or a multimonitor setup due to the vram and its horsepower. It was practically made for the Korean monitors with its refresh rate increase too (so says anandtech too).

The only people that should be complaining about vram on today's cards are those that have 2560x1400 or MMonitor setups otherwise, 2GB/3GB is fine for 1080p.

I personally do not care about performance /watt, but know some people do. Think about it though... You are paying $1000+ for this card, when you can have 2 7970's or a 7990 for $800. It will take one a while to make up that $200+ with your electric bill savings. Even if you play games 4 hours /night for 365 days you wont make that cost up for a couple years (depending on your power rates of course @ my rate, 10cents /KW /hour, that will take over 2 years to make up the cost if you game that much,which is a TON, to me).

While I think this will be a monster, its price is just so off-putting to me. Note this is coming from someone that really dislikes CFx/SLI setups outside of 2560x1600+ or MMonitor setups.

Last edited:
I concur!

It better spank a 680/7970 for that price! From the looks(rumors) of it, that card, is a great single GPU solution especially for those with 2560x1440+ or a multimonitor setup due to the vram and its horsepower. It was practically made for the Korean monitors with its refresh rate increase too (so says anandtech too).

The only people that should be complaining about vram on today's cards are those that have 2560x1400 or MMonitor setups otherwise, 2GB/3GB is fine for 1080p.

I personally do not care about performance /watt, but know some people do. Think about it though... You are paying $1000+ for this card, when you can have 2 7970's or a 7990 for $800. It will take one a while to make up that $200+ with your electric bill savings. Even if you play games 4 hours /night for 365 days you wont make that cost up for a couple years (depending on your power rates of course @ my rate, 10cents /KW /hour, that will take over 2 years to make up the cost if you game that much,which is a TON, to me).

While I think this will be a monster, its price is just so off-putting to me. Note this is coming from someone that really dislikes CFx/SLI setups outside of 2560x1600+ or MMonitor setups.

I also agree that the performance per watt isn't that big a deal, and that the VRAM isn't an issue at 1080p. But I don't think this is marketed for that. Multi monitor/ high res all the way.

Just figured some of those things needed to be brought up. Especially since some forum members go nutty about performance/watt.

The comparison to two 7970s is going to be crucial, as those have plenty of RAM for even multiple displays and cost $200 less.
I'd be interested to see it vs two 7950s for that matter.

The comparison to two 7970s is going to be crucial, as those have plenty of RAM for even multiple displays and cost $200 less.
I'd be interested to see it vs two 7950s for that matter.

I agree with this.

the comparison to 2 x 7970 Ghz will be very crucial here.
If it can 'come close' being a single card, than that will be pretty big, as you can imagaine what a Titan-SLI can do then.

IM want to see this kinda comparison in surround, mostly at this price point.

Titan vs 7970 CF vs 7950 CF vs 680 SLI (4gb ?)

IMO, 7950 CF is still the best bang you can get for your buck if you run surround/eyefinity. You get the same Vram as the 7970 with a very little slower core. At ~600$ for 2 7950 ... its damsn hard to beat. You could even build a 3fire 7950 for the same price as a Titan but you sometimes start to fall into some scalin issue at more than 2 GPU with some title.

GTX 680/70 dont really have what it takes to run really high resolution 3 monitor setup. 7970/50 have more Vram power and the price is very competitive but CF/eyefinity dont seems to have more trouble VS SLI. I have friends that run CF 7950 and eyefinity and the sometimes have issue with the setup and some games. I never had with my past SLI and surround. And my single 670 never give me any sort of trouble.... Ill swap my GPU soon .... i want to see excellent result ! :)

Back