• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[NZXT] Announcement Regarding our FX-Series Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XNine

Official CASELABS Rep
This is a public announcement that upon our routine quality assurance assessments have discovered an issue with the FX Series fans. Our high quality FX series fans that use rifle-bearing technology have been improperly labeled as Fluid Dynamic Bearing. We apologize for the mislabeling. This is an issue we are proactively working on resolving.

The rifle bearing technology used in the FX Series fans is a liquid-state bearing technology. The liquid-state bearing system employs a vertical groove on the out surface of the bearing tube. This allows oil to be pumped from the reservoir on the bottom, through to the top of the tube – providing exceptional oil circulation.

We firmly stand behind the quality of our FX Series fans, and other than the incorrect labeling, nothing else has changed: quality and life-span remain up to NZXT’s high standards. We value our customers and we want to ensure that NZXT provides high quality products along with excellent customer service.

Sincerely,
NZXT

Nice advertisement shrouded as a correction, but nice job. Anyone know if these fans are as good for ratings as they say? Close to the AP-15's?

Transparency and being honest about a mistake on specs of a poduct have nothing to do with advertising. Troll elsewhere.

Nice advertisement shrouded as a correction, but nice job. Anyone know if these fans are as good for ratings as they say? Close to the AP-15's?

I believe this is what we called, "The Public Relations" :D

but nice explanation on the bearings mechanism though :thup:

Excuse me, rep, but I also see it as marketing shrouded as correction. If it was a correction only, instead of:

This is a public announcement that upon our routine quality assurance assessments have discovered an issue with the FX Series fans. Our high quality FX series fans that use rifle-bearing technology have been improperly labeled as Fluid Dynamic Bearing. We apologize for the mislabeling. This is an issue we are proactively working on resolving.

The rifle bearing technology used in the FX Series fans is a liquid-state bearing technology. The liquid-state bearing system employs a vertical groove on the out surface of the bearing tube. This allows oil to be pumped from the reservoir on the bottom, through to the top of the tube – providing exceptional oil circulation.

We firmly stand behind the quality of our FX Series fans, and other than the incorrect labeling, nothing else has changed: quality and life-span remain up to NZXT’s high standards. We value our customers and we want to ensure that NZXT provides high quality products along with excellent customer service.

Sincerely,
NZXT

You'd just say

We firmly stand behind the quality of our FX Series fans, and other than the incorrect labeling, nothing else has changed.

Sincerely,
NZXT

Did I make my (and Conundrum's) point?

No offense intended, I am using your FN140 fans.

Excuse me, rep, but I also see it as marketing shrouded as correction. If it was a correction only, instead of:

You'd just say

Did I make my (and Conundrum's) point?

No offense intended, I am using your FN140 fans.

No, point's invalid. Why would we NOT explain the difference in the two systems to end users? That would imply we were hiding something, which we aren't. We're not in the business of screwing people and blaming our customers for the fault on our products. We're in the business of making products and being honest about them with our customers. Quite a big difference from today's SOP for companies.

good thing cuz i have 6 of those fans in my case lol
edit: 5 now cuz side one wont fit with my res there.

good thing cuz i have 6 of those fans in my case lol
edit: 5 now cuz side one wont fit with my res there.

Can't be your system specs listed.... What res are you using in which chassis?

Get off it guys...Did the he post a link to buy the thing? Sheesh... tough crowd. Look at his posting history for Pete's sake before you go flying off the handle. :facepalm:

No, point's invalid. Why would we NOT explain the difference in the two systems to end users? That would imply we were hiding something, which we aren't. We're not in the business of screwing people and blaming our customers for the fault on our products. We're in the business of making products and being honest about them with our customers. Quite a big difference from today's SOP for companies.
Thanks Xnine for the heads up.

Can't be your system specs listed.... What res are you using in which chassis?

im using the rig in my sig two one top one on back two in front had one on the side but thats the only place i could fit that res so side fan had to go lol

ready.jpg

I appreciate the heads up.
I wouldn't call it explaining the difference between the bearing technologies. You did explain the rifle bearing technology, but without an explanation of fluid dynamic bearings it isn't explaining the difference.
It does read, to me, like a clever combination of correction (mostly) and marketing (a little bit). Whether this is a bad thing or not I varies by who you are I guess. It doesn't matter to me at all whether it's correction+marketing or correction alone. I appreciate the correction!

That said, I've been wondering what a rifle bearing was for a while now so it's nice to know.
I also appreciate the correction actually being posted places rather than just being quietly changed on the packaging.

Doesn't matter to me, really. People will believe whatever they want to. I get to go to bed tonight knowing we did the right thing, and that's all that matters.

Bought 4 last week and return 2 defective fans. The retailer exchanged them no problem and I finally got them into my sytem today. They push a lot of air, a little on the noisy side as per NZXT specs but did better then my Yate Loons at Medium speed on my Black Ice GTX240 Gen2 though was surprised that turning them up to high showed no improvment in temps. As a comparison to AP-15's ask me next week as I just ordered a pair of AP-15's 3000rmp.

EDIT

Should have mentioned I felt they are a decent fan better then most that I have tried and seem to preform as advertised based on my limited use of them so far.

Last edited:
I believe the NZXT guy is issuing an apology for mislabelling.

I have once worked in many places before, and sometimes, it is just work habit to explain the technology, so people feel better about what they have, and in fact know what they got is in fact well designed. I read it as nothing other than that.

I have tested the NZXT fan and Corsair new fans of late.
if anyone is interested in knowing, feel free to PM me, or just wait til I have compiled enough, I will make another FAN post. :)

Whatever bearing they might be, they work just fine for me. Anything is better than the Tt Duramax 12's I had, those were jet engines.

Back