• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Hue Hack Question - NOt +

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

I'm working on a side project and using an NZXT Hue for the lighting however when I hook it up to 12v the mode selection switch does not function

I know it uses a SATA power plug but how can I make the mode selection work on a regular 12v without a headache?

The reason for sata is the different voltages it supplies. It runs 3.3v, 5v as well as 12v; I would imagine the voltages are necessary to have all the functions or else you're probably just going to have a solid color, no? By your post, I am ASSuming you are trying to run it with just a 12v power supply?

rgb leds work because variable voltages supplied induces different colors to be displayed. If it only has one static voltage, the device will be locked at whatever color that the supplied voltage is able to produce.

Correct me if I'm wrong please! This is how they worked on my Quadcopter drone. I used a resistor to drop the battery voltage for them to get the color I wanted.

Back